Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th February 2020, 23:03   #51
Pueblo_Boy
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Yes Dave. Seems as though Bri has asked the mods to shut his account down, as he does not want to participate anymore. His resignation is in the Technical section on 22 Feb . This forum will be a sadder place for us all. He was a straight talking gentleman. Did not suffer fools gladly, but would help anyone whoever they were. Only met him once, that was in Holland last year and found him to be a straight talking guy, who said it like it was. If you got offended, then that was up to you. At least he told you how it was. And I for one admired him for that. Why call a strip of sandpaper a silk purse. Good luck with whatever you do Brian. I will now lift a tot of whisky in your honour.
A tot of whisky! Damn fine idea, especially as I have a new bottle just waiting to be opened!
Interior Trim Sports PPH Black, but now with real walnut wooden trim!
One of only 20 on the road!
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 23:04   #52
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

I can only concur with all the posts already made, Brian would help members he'd never even met and charge nothing, his knowledge of these cars was unrivalled and gas kept thousands of cars on the road that otherwise would be scrapped.

I can only hope he does come back sometime as he has so much talent we cannot afford to lose, we are indebted to him and we should not forget that.
Old 24th February 2020, 23:09   #53
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Brian was the first person to message me on the forum, congratulating me on my choice of colour - FireFrost - !

I finally met Brian in person on the Netherlands jaunt last year and he fully lived up to his forum image of a no nonsence straight talking guy with no airs and graces.

I fully respect your decision to move on - been there in the past with a couple of clubs / societies - please accept my best wishes for what ever endeavour you undertake in the future and hopefully your now able to get some quality family time.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2020, 06:51   #54
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Brian will be back in one form or another, once an engineer, always an engineer, petrol head, car enthusiast, he wont be able to adopt his pipe and slippers just yet, daytime TV is awful by the way.

Its safe to say cars make memories, they make memories for everyone, even for the lovely women in our lives. He needs to go buy his lovely lady what she wants (a shiny new motor) and get himself a good classic to while away those enjoyable hours, we all need that important man time dont we???

He doesn't want to be putting up flowery curtains and fluffy cushions in his man-cave just yet.
Just to clarify, working on 75s and ZTs was not Brian’s main occupation. He is a skilled electrical and mechanical engineer, the cars were more of a hobby.
Old 25th February 2020, 07:36   #55
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Guru

Yes, Brian has been amazing for everyone he has helped out over the years (myself included!!! )
Family comes first though and I am sure Brian has made this decision with the very best of intentions.
My best Brian memory is in 2013 at our meet in Scone Airfield in one of our famous 'winter of Siberia' moments. We ere all shivering (IIRC it was -6 with a good windchill factor) both inside the hangars (which was actually colder) and outside.

Brian .......doing his magic on both days ......wearing a t shirt!

Thanks for all your help Brian

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2020, 08:45   #56
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Default Cracking the codes

Some members may not know this . . . but it should be recorded.

Now I may have this all wrong - if so my mistake - but when I saw that other genius BigRuss last year, I understood that Brian and Russ were the two instigators in cracking the codes when BMW disappeared off the scene enabling them to get into the 7 on-board computers built into our motors. So those of us who run diesels can now enjoy the full 160bhp the M47R was designed to deliver. It took them both 18 months to crack all of them.

Also when XPart ran out of ECUs they ordered up some more - maybe from Bosch ? - but they turned out to be faulty. Half a dozen were passed round rhe country to the then leading PCB designers but they couldn't find the fault. So Russ got hold of one - and - well you can guess the rest.

Dave
Old 25th February 2020, 09:49   #57
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Just to clarify, working on 75s and ZTs was not Brian’s main occupation. He is a skilled electrical and mechanical engineer, the cars were more of a hobby.
Not sure why you quoted me Rich?
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2020, 10:08   #58
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Yes, Brian has been amazing for everyone he has helped out over the years (myself included!!! )

Family comes first though and I am sure Brian has made this decision with the very best of intentions.

My best Brian memory is in 2013 at our meet in Scone Airfield in one of our famous 'winter of Siberia' moments. We ere all shivering (IIRC it was -6 with a good windchill factor) both inside the hangars (which was actually colder) and outside.

Brian .......doing his magic on both days ......wearing a t shirt!

Thanks for all your help Brian

Chris

I shall have to dig out the picture of Brian bare chested stood outside in that day!!
Old 25th February 2020, 10:18   #59
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I shall have to dig out the picture of Brian bare chested stood outside in that day!!
There as tuff lot them "Northerners" .......
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2020, 10:26   #60
Captain Crappycrimp
Gets stuck in

Devil car is dead!

I consider Brian to be a friend and in fact talked to him last week. I always enjoyed his banter and his helpfulness and technical skills are second to none. It’s a sad day for the club and 75 and ZT owners everywhere. I wish Brian all the best and hope he does pop in from time to time.

I might pop round and offer to empty his garage for him as well, it wouldn’t be going to the tip though😀

Captain Crappycrimp.

2003 Le mans Green MG ZTT 1.8T, 2003 MG ZT CDTI BRG, ZT 190 Typhoon, 2001 Rover 75 1.8 Tourer , 2002 solar red MG ZTT 177, 2005 Silver MG ZTT CDTI, 2001 Trophy Blue MG ZT (Early No 131) 160, 2004 XPG MG ZT CDTI.
2004 MG ZT Ignition Blue MG Press car/Pheonix 4 personal car. Rover 75 CDT top spec Cowley car. 2003 MG ZT 190+ white Gold.

Couldn't save

MG ZT 1.8T XPG 2005 MG ZTT Goodwood Green(Devil car)

MY PROJECT

2004 MG ZTT Diesel auto in disappointing grey.
Captain Crappycrimp is offline   Reply With Quote