Notices

Old 18th December 2019, 19:21   #11
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
wonderful team in Urology took me under their wing and did their magic.
I'm yet to experience such magic with my urology team Pete.

@Harry, Good luck Harry.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2020, 11:51   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Update..

All ended well so far..

New partner Wendy arrived 21st for a one week stay, I had to ring the hospital after 2pm on the 23rd, to confirm they would have a bed for me in the renal ward, then make my way in between 18:00 and 19:00. They did, so I took the bus down.

I left Wendy alone in the house, a strange house, with two strange to her dogs to look after, for two nights. Its quite a complicated house, so I typed her up a set of instructions for the house, plus maps of where to find the local shops etc..

I felt confident enough in Wendy to ask her to do the shaving (trimming) of the entire area around the groin, in preparation for the op..

I one doctor suggested it was usual to have the stent fitted then be out the same day (24th). At 9am 24th, I was rushed down to theatre with zero time to prepare myself - no one had even said whether it would be morning or afternoon.

Put on a narrow operating table, in a too cold theatre, on top of a sort of air bag, into which warmed air was passed. Gown lifted, pants pulled down and the entire area blathered in orange anti-septic, then local anti-septic.

I couldn't see anything, monitor screen was at right angles to me, I wasn't allowed to raise my head to look, all I had to go on was the feel and it felt like they were forcing a chimney sweeps brush into my right groin.

They stented the better kidney, my BP then began to fall to dangerously low levels, so the team had to take a break for an hour while my BP recovered with drugs - they blamed the drugs plus extra flow from the stent, for the sudden drop in BP on the table. The team seemed to be four or five nurses, and two surgeons.

Then they began on the second stent, but decided not to fit it - their investigation suggested that a stent in the second kidney wouldn't help.

So I was in the theatre for around 2 and a half hours, start to finish with not even a plaster on the wound. Guess they superglued me together?

The consultant surgeon insisted I would remain in hospital care at least overnight, until Saturday morning, whilst inflow and outflow was checked and measured to prove all was still working. On a Na/Cl drip I managed to fill 5 or 6 pots.

It might have felt like a sweeps brush going in, but the incisions is only 7mm or so long, in my groin. They turned me out, at 10am yesterday morning, satisfied I had no problems and asked how was I getting home. I had walked around the entire outside of the hospital Friday night, just to see how I felt and if I was in any pain, there had been none, so I said on the bus. They said no you are not, we will arrange a free taxi to home. I now have a black and brown triangular bruise, the full length of my right groin. No pain at all, but a slight swelling where the bruise is.

Wendy goes back home to Edinburgh on the 28th and back to work, then back here early February on another weeks arranged holiday, then moves in permanently in March..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2020, 12:03   #13
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Glad it has worked out ok.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 15:27   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

The bruise has almost gone, but I'm left with a hard lump under the skin, in the groin on the artery, about the size of a Maltezer. I have a follow up appointment on the 6th, in two days, but I am just wondering if the lump is normal/ if it will disappear/ if permanent?

Maybe they install some sort of plumbing fitting on the artery during the op. and it is that I can feel.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 4th February 2020 at 15:43..
Old 4th February 2020, 16:48   #15
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
The bruise has almost gone, but I'm left with a hard lump under the skin, in the groin on the artery, about the size of a Maltezer. I have a follow up appointment on the 6th, in two days, but I am just wondering if the lump is normal/ if it will disappear/ if permanent?

Maybe they install some sort of plumbing fitting on the artery during the op. and it is that I can feel.
Harry, look up Pseudoaneurysm.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 09:25   #16
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Harry, look up Pseudoaneurysm.
Thanks, that description seems to fit. I will speak to my consultant about it tomorrow.

Old 6th February 2020, 19:01   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

I was told the lump was not a pseudoaneurysm, rather it was just congealed blood which had escaped the artery during the op and would be reabsorbed in time. The reason given was that the pseudoaneurysm lacked any feeling of my pulse and he could feel the pulse in my artery next to it.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 6th February 2020 at 19:04..