Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th January 2020, 07:50   #11
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
Except you wouldn’t, because you’d have read the list of what will be removed.

I can understand not putting the time in to change parts, that the new owner may want anyway. It’d be misleading to show it ‘upgraded’ and not mention anything in the ad, and only say those are extra when someone goes to view it. Personally I’d like to see a photo included of the condition of the parts to be fitted if I didn’t want the extras.
I don't disagree with you.

My point is merely that to me, its a bit of a con as the nice pictures of the car with the nice extras, are not what your getting, as you only find out your getting a standard car (or the one as it is in the photos at extra cost), once you've invested time looking at the photo's and reading all the description.

I know new car dealers do it all the time, pictures of top of the range model, with price of the poverty spec model under it with the tiny print saying the pictures are only "representative".
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 10:14   #12
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

And that's the same as pretty much every car advert on TV. Big writing with the price of the base model, and tiny writing at the bottom stating the car shown is the top spec with £x's of upgrades etc
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 11:17   #13
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

from what you say the listing is clear - on no level is this a "Con" or in any way misleading.

How do they advertise New Cars ? - they tend to show the priciest model while displaying the base model price tag - with a small disclaimer

nothing wrong with a private seller offering Optional Extras

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 11:38   #14
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

is there a link to the listing?
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 13:47   #15
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Sounds like the seller is hedging his bets. If it sells I'll take the bits off. If it doesn't sell then I've still got a nice car and not wasted hours removing bits for nothing.
The honest approach is to advertise it with pictures. This is what you get and this is the price.
I would not bother looking at car advertised that way.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 9th January 2020, 14:46   #16
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

When selling a car, folk need to take a more professional approach, not get so emotionally attached on what the car is worth. Giving options on how the car is to be sold regarding its value and modifications will just hinder the sale, it would be best to price the car as it stands and just ride with it, the price is always negotiable in the buyers eye's anyway.

The photos are showing the car with its modifications, so anyone who is looking to view the car is obviously interested in the modded look and will have intentions to buy, and anyone who prefers originality (factory standard) will not bother making contact anyway.

The best thing the seller can do is remove his little sale's claws regarding the mods, and just price the car to sell... job done.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 19:15   #17
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

I see a lot of cars in dealers ads with blingy big wheels and a line at the bottom of the ad saying "£1000 extra with the wheels pictured included".
To me most of them look cr@p and I prefer the look of the standard wheels anyway but clearly the idea is to suck the extra out of a customer who is smitten by such shiney things
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote