Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th September 2019, 18:33   #11
jim_k
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

I drive a jag daily and rover 75 at weekends. I find that the jag is a far better driving experience in most aspects. that said I'll never be parted from my 75. Rover has great enthusiasts and a community that helps one another.
jim_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2019, 21:12   #12
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

A friend works for JLR and currently has an i-pace at home.

0-60 in 4.5 seconds
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2019, 13:11   #13
Rickoshea
Loves to post

Jaguar I Pace

Welcome to the world of Jaguar! I confess I have always hankered after a Jaguar since I saw the E Type! I did look at the old XF estate but they would only supply it with an engine that ran on the Devil's fuel and my religion does not allow me to use diesel. Did you look at the I Pace? It really is the most extraordinary car and will never get another car that relies on bit of metal flying up and down to get it moving!

Drove just over 150 miles yesterday and it cost me less than £4 in electricity!
Old 8th September 2019, 20:05   #14
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

A good friend of mine has a 2004 XJ Jaguar. My wife said that there is more room in the back of the Rover75 than the Jaguar. His wife also said there is more room in the 75.
Old 8th September 2019, 22:09   #15
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,great choice,I bought a portfolio 14 months ago,always liked the look as it was different to all other makes,although mine is a very early one 2011 model it is a bucket list car,unfortunately was in hospital 10 weeks ago and by coincidence developed a drop foot so have been unable to drive for over 2 months.Bought it on the spur of the moment due to the colour being claret which is very rare on the XJ.Wanted originally the long wheel base but am so glad I did not get one.Never ever had trouble parking in my life and considering I also had American cars years ago I find this one quite a challenge.Must be an age thing.Enjoy it,not too many about,XJ50 will be seldom seen.Still will not stop using my 75.Regards Ryszard....
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2019, 12:48   #16
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Hi,great choice,I bought a portfolio 14 months ago,always liked the look as it was different to all other makes,although mine is a very early one 2011 model it is a bucket list car,unfortunately was in hospital 10 weeks ago and by coincidence developed a drop foot so have been unable to drive for over 2 months.Bought it on the spur of the moment due to the colour being claret which is very rare on the XJ.Wanted originally the long wheel base but am so glad I did not get one.Never ever had trouble parking in my life and considering I also had American cars years ago I find this one quite a challenge.Must be an age thing.Enjoy it,not too many about,XJ50 will be seldom seen.Still will not stop using my 75.Regards Ryszard....
Funny enough, i was looking for a LWB XJ, and never bought and i was glad too, The car Is bigger in the back than my Rover 75, I have three teenage kids and they all said the same too, definitely more leg room in the XJ without the LWB in contention. The colour of mine is Gardner green SVO colour from Jaguar its like greeny/blue however sometimes in the light looks a bluey /grey and it looks great for it .

I think the split screen TV/Radio,Satnav idea is excellent too!. I still think the Rover 75 beats the Climate system though compared to the XJ much easier. Since owning it i have realized too how few XJ saloons there are on the road, bit of an exclusive club, compared to the XE/XF/F/I/E pace mob the XJ is on its own. Great car though well built machine.

Last edited by Olde faithful; 9th September 2019 at 12:57..
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote