Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th July 2018, 08:56   #21
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Some interesting replies as I knew there would be, thank you.

NHS guidelines tell rapid response drivers to avoid parking their appliance in ''any place or position where it may, (wittingly or unwittingly) become blocked in by members of the public or their vehicles (commercial or private). To that end, where possible, avoid enclosed parking, and/or designated parking spaces where it is possible your rig will be unable to respond to emergency calls.''

Ambulance drivers I know will only use public parking if they have a clear exit in both forward and reverse gears. I am surprised by this paramedics choice of parking. Where crew require refreshment it would be more normal to stop at a petrol station than the entrance to a supermarket.

I don't think either side covered themselves in glory, I think the guy filming the argument made himself look like a pleb.
75c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 09:08   #22
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post

Mind we have the, now common, internet hero filming it and making the situation worse. He could have helped out but decided to do the opposite.
Whilst not condoning the "internet heroism" as there is a lot of complete drivel uploaded, had this not been filmed we would not be having this discussion. It brings it & situations like it, to the wider public. This can then hopefully bring about action to resolve & prevent it/them.

That said it would require the legislators to grow some round things & DO something....!!!!!!!!!!

As said the Emergency Services need looking after. I know I couldn't do their job.

Regards

Paul
Old 26th July 2018, 09:11   #23
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
Some interesting replies as I knew there would be, thank you.

NHS guidelines tell rapid response drivers to avoid parking their appliance in ''any place or position where it may, (wittingly or unwittingly) become blocked in by members of the public or their vehicles (commercial or private). To that end, where possible, avoid enclosed parking, and/or designated parking spaces where it is possible your rig will be unable to respond to emergency calls.''

Ambulance drivers I know will only use public parking if they have a clear exit in both forward and reverse gears. I am surprised by this paramedics choice of parking. Where crew require refreshment it would be more normal to stop at a petrol station than the entrance to a supermarket.

I don't think either side covered themselves in glory, I think the guy filming the argument made himself look like a pleb.
Thank you Sasha for clarifying the guidelines. When I worked in Hackney, it was not uncommon to see a panda car parked up on double yellow lines with the coppers grabbing a KFC or kebab and no parking ticket. Do the police also have similar guidelines, or should they be treated any different to Jo Public?

Personally, I am okay if the old bill don't get a ticket, anything which makes their tour of duty easier is fine by me
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 09:19   #24
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul d View Post
Whilst not condoning the "internet heroism" as there is a lot of complete drivel uploaded, had this not been filmed we would not be having this discussion. It brings it & situations like it, to the wider public. This can then hopefully bring about action to resolve & prevent it/them.

That said it would require the legislators to grow some round things & DO something....!!!!!!!!!!

As said the Emergency Services need looking after. I know I couldn't do their job.

Regards

Paul
There are already mechanisms to prevent such events, the last thing that is needed is more legislators imposing more legislation.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 09:24   #25
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
why?
You would be giving them the right to park how they please for what ever reason. As someone whos' property is being damaged by someone because "they have the right to do it" I find your suggestion horrifying.

macafee2
I did NOT surggest that they can damage property . Maybe you should read the post before you make a comment .
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 09:47   #26
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 41 View Post
I did NOT surggest that they can damage property . Maybe you should read the post before you make a comment .
I know you did not, this is what was said
by you All our emergency services should be exempt from all parking restrictions.

by me why?
You would be giving them the right to park how they please for what ever reason. As someone whos' property is being damaged by someone because "they have the right to do it" I find your suggestion horrifying.

I was merely pointing out that someone has the right to damage my land and so they do. Giving someone the right to do something needs serious consideration. Consider all parking restrictions, now allow emergency vehicles not on a shout to ignore them

if this is true, I copied this from the net
"As far as I understand it, you can park across someones dropped kerb if they are not in the garage/driveway. ie you can't block them in. This is classed as obstruction and you can be ticketed for it. If you are not blocking anyone in, then you can park across a kerb"

ok, you are parked in your drive, emergency vehicle not on a shout parks across your drive. when you go to leave you cannot get out, cannot find driver and are late for work, meeting, interview, court. You have made the emergency vehicle exempt from this restriction and so now have no right to complain.

perhaps I did not make my point well enough but I hope you can see a parallel, give people the ok to do something and one or more of them will, moral code, sense of right and wrong do not enter their mind.

with my example, do you still want "All our emergency services should be exempt from all parking restrictions"?

were your meaning all the time or only when on a shout?

you jumped down my throat but misunderstood my post

No I don't think in the op post a ticket should have been issued.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 13:08   #27
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
As a nurse I'm really interested in people's opinions on this.

''She said: 'Where would you like me to park? It won't go in a bay; I can't fit it. I'm not going to leave it in a disabled space. I've been on since 6.45am this morning; I've had nothing to drink and nothing to eat and now I would like to go to Tesco to get some water.''

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp
ABSOLUTELY NOT.! I am aware the country is gone to the dogs, but that would mean that we all have alsol lost our minds, an emergency vehicle attending an emergency should be able to stop and park absolutely anywhere, period, the driver should not have to justify anything to anyone what so ever SO LONGas IT IS an EMERGENCY, i leave it to the lawyers to decide what constitutes an emergency in the UK.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 18:04   #28
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I know you did not, this is what was said
by you All our emergency services should be exempt from all parking restrictions.

by me why?

I was merely pointing out that someone has the right to damage my land and so they do. Giving someone the right to do something needs serious consideration. Consider all parking restrictions, now allow emergency vehicles not on a shout to ignore them

if this is true, I copied this from the net
"As far as I understand it, you can park across someones dropped kerb if they are not in the garage/driveway. ie you can't block them in. This is classed as obstruction and you can be ticketed for it. If you are not blocking anyone in, then you can park across a kerb"

ok, you are parked in your drive, emergency vehicle not on a shout parks across your drive. when you go to leave you cannot get out, cannot find driver and are late for work, meeting, interview, court. You have made the emergency vehicle exempt from this restriction and so now have no right to complain.

perhaps I did not make my point well enough but I hope you can see a parallel, give people the ok to do something and one or more of them will, moral code, sense of right and wrong do not enter their mind.

with my example, do you still want "All our emergency services should be exempt from all parking restrictions"?

were your meaning all the time or only when on a shout?

you jumped down my throat but misunderstood my post

No I don't think in the op post a ticket should have been issued.

macafee2
How many Police ,Paramedics,Ambulance,Fire Service etc go joy riding ? How many of the fire Service etc take their work vehicles home with them ? If they are in your street they are there for a valid reason and thank God that they are .
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 20:11   #29
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 41 View Post
How many Police ,Paramedics,Ambulance,Fire Service etc go joy riding ? How many of the fire Service etc take their work vehicles home with them ? If they are in your street they are there for a valid reason and thank God that they are .
what are you on about? Apart from this "How many Police ,Paramedics, Ambulance, Fire Service etc go joy riding ? " I don't know what your point is.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 20:55   #30
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Another "photospy" at work!! They are lucky the Parking chap didn't stuff the device where the sun doesn't shine. Answer to the question is no. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote