Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th September 2014, 21:53   #521
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
careful mate , humour not well thought of on here

I know mate but I thought it was so funny that I couldn't resist.
Ros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 21:59   #522
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros3 View Post
I know mate but I thought it was so funny that I couldn't resist.
made me laugh.......
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 22:28   #523
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Kevin Bridges chatting to a Glaswegian taxi driver on bbc1, anyone you know Goerge?
Old 16th September 2014, 08:02   #524
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Kevin Bridges chatting to a Glaswegian taxi driver on bbc1, anyone you know Goerge?
Know him from the ranks but thats it Jeff.

Btw that was one funny show.

Last edited by FLYER; 16th September 2014 at 08:04..
Old 16th September 2014, 08:08   #525
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Know him from the ranks but thats it Jeff.

Btw that was one funny show.
It was indeed George, I enjoyed
Old 16th September 2014, 10:57   #526
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
To quoteReb Butler " Frankly my dear I don't give a damn" if scotland wishes to set sail for new seas then vote and get it over please, if the south could could vote separation would be guaranteed I suspect. It is frankly getting boring hearing people saying my lots better than your lot so sucks boo and let's throw stones at the nasty parliament. Just my opinion of course others may differ.
Without wishing to offend, you are a Londoner living in what Boris calls "the Capital of the World" and regardless of the Scottish vote, many Englishmen actually do feel like throwing stones at Parliament.

I am a Londoner, born within the sounds of Bow Bells (although they weren't ringing at the time because we were at war with Germany), but I have also lived in Essex, Surrey, Hertforshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire (currently) and Cornwall for about 20 years. The further out you go from London, the more resentment you will find, even starting in the outlying parts of Essex. There is a feeling that London dominates and draws everything into London and that the outlying parts are fed a few crumbs now and again to keep them quiet.

Cornwall, for example has one of the lowest wage rates in the UK, but house prices are sky high because 'up country' people buy up the properties with their wealth, either for retirement, or as holiday homes. Even 'National wage rate' jobs in Cornwall, don't get the added incentive of London Weighting. Services in the outlying areas are constantly being centralised for 'efficiency', but that means that hospitals are miles away from the majority of the inhabitants. Police custody suites are centralised, meaning that a prisoner has to be taken 30+ miles to be charged; this just doesn't happen in London. London is lit up like a Christmas tree at night and has the highest pollution rate in the EU, but Boris wants us all to get out of our cars, not just Londoners.

Parliament introduced 24 hour drinking and MPs enjoy cheap booze in the house, but they raise the alcohol duty to deter the binge drinkers, which often means that the occasional drinker now can't afford the odd pint.

I know there is no simple answer and that there will always be inequality, but the UK has become very unequal over the last 30 years and that is why a lot of us want to throw stones. I have no political allegiance, but I would like to see a bit more common, and I mean common, sense, instead of the institutianalised leadership we currently have. At the time of the MPs expenses scandal, it was said that 'they just don't get it', and this is the same. They talk the talk, but they just don't understand.

I apologise for highjacking the Scottish referendum debate and for this rant, but I do think it is relevant to some of the posts on here.

Roverite.
Roverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 11:38   #527
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
More than anything else that irks me is the fact that in the event of a 'Yes' vote the aftermath will affect the remaining UK immeasurably more than it ever could an Independent Scotland. The rest of the UK has been denied any say whatsoever at any level and that fact has never even been allowed to be discussed on any formal media.
It amounts to a few hundred votes being able to overrule a phenomenal majority, and potentially involve a total and massive national change to the UK for possibly hundreds of years to come.
So you think the rest of the UK should be allowed to decide whether they want to keep us? Like a pet?

Scotland's future has been dictated by England for hundreds of years already. And I really hope that does change.
Old 16th September 2014, 11:42   #528
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterchick View Post
So you think the rest of the UK should be allowed to decide whether they want to keep us? Like a pet?

Scotland's future has been dictated by England for hundreds of years already. And I really hope that does change.
Oh yer a fiesty wee wummin so ye ur.......
Old 16th September 2014, 11:43   #529
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Not long now, anyone confident of the result had a bet yet?
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 11:48   #530
Trevor1975
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon cdt club SE 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterchick View Post

The UK is a union, not a English led dictatorship, there are Scottish MPs in Westminster.

If the Yes vote wins, you'll find a lot of support that has been taken for granted will be gone. you cant have your cake and eat it.

If more than 50% of Scottish voters decide 'Yes', then god help all of us. But as Cameron said, or implied... the 'please stay' options will finish and England, Wales and Northern Ireland will not support Scotland or help if and when it all goes wrong.

Its not up to me... but from a logical point of view it makes no sense to separate - Scotland has a very strong identity and culture, and still will have either way.

If you think the London based politicians are bad, what makes anyone think the Edinburgh based independant ones will be any better???

I was in Saltcoats last week, lovely place, great people to work with etc... in a few weeks I'll be back in Glasgow - wish me luck.

I wish Scotland and the Scottish peolpe all the best, but I hope that GB isn't broken up for all the wrong reasons...