Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th January 2018, 19:48   #21
oswestryalex
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8T connoisseur saloon 2003 in blue , MG ZT 190+ 2003

They say money can't buy you love... but it sure could buy you this baby! Mind you, for that kind of dosh, there are alternatives, and I'd like to see them if I were ever in that happy 'estate'.... :-)
oswestryalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 19:59   #22
LotusLC
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi Auto / ZT-T Trophy Blue

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,238 Posts

Having had the privilege of been a passenger in this beauty, i would love to own one

https://i.imgur.com/Cwa3376m.jpg
LotusLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 20:05   #23
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusLC View Post
Having had the privilege of been a passenger in this beauty, i would love to own one

Sunspot is so sweet....not seen that colour for real on an SV
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 20:08   #24
LotusLC
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi Auto / ZT-T Trophy Blue

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,238 Posts

It was Flying Banana on Steroids Keith, it had the 5 litre V8 as well

https://i.imgur.com/Cwa3376m.jpg
LotusLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 20:14   #25
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininuts View Post
Three of my all time favourite cars in your pics there Ronnie
Mini ERA Turbo
MG Metro 6R4
MG SV
How good am I Pure luck Paul
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 22:10   #26
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

The plus point is they have 75 interior door handles
Old 21st January 2018, 21:06   #27
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I'll see what I have left after selling the flat. I did look at the Sunspot one awhile back, but had nowhere to park it. Steve Poultney bought it in the end.

There is one local to me in Firefrost, and a Ignition Blue one appears sometimes at the Rover SD1 meet in Meldreth. And the owner of the Blue one uses his two/three times a week.

They are a piece of MG Rover History. I have had the pleasure of Driving a supercharged one on track about twelve years ago. I loved the big doors it is one of the few super cars I have driven that I could actually get in and out of unassisted. I know old NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-. But proud of it the same week I drove it I also got a shot of an F1 McLaren that had just undergone a 175,000 pound rebuild.
I would like to thank the Boys at Le-Mans for that opportunity, it was eighteen months after I broke my back and had to give up running the organised trips to France for the Classic and the 24 Hour races. Instead of me looking after my 430 clients between my off and on Circuit campsites and the sixteen stately homes around the Bernie-de-Champagne area of France. Some of my regular clients looked after me. My special thanks to Aston Martin Racing, Team White Lightning, and the Directors of K+N Filters, also the Engine Techs from Corvette and my clients who had a hand in a week I will cherish for the rest of my life. To be permitted to Drive a stable of GT 1 and clients super cars on track is something I take to the grave with me.
The best car I had the pleasure of driving was the MG from a pound to performance with comfort, to drive a Road Car commissioned by MG Rover at speeds in excess of 310 Kph on the track was just staggering. Fait Lights or not it was an experience.
I will treasure.
If I could justify the price ticket then I would love to buy this one.
Sadly on my pension it is not a viable option. My insurance company were wanting close on £2000 for a 3000mile per year including 4 track days and a Guaranteed rebuild to original Specification up to £128,000 on a £60,000 valuation. Just not viable, my tourers insurance is £165 to have it on guaranteed valuation was to be £480 value 5k on 3000 miles per year. Again not viable as with my care duties for Mother and grand children my mileage is nearer 15k much reduced on when I was working when it was nearer the 60k with out my trips to France and Germany when my worst year was 107,000 in twelve months.
I hope she finds a good home where she will be looked after and used. A lot of motor Car for not that much money.
Alan
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 21:31   #28
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininuts View Post
Three of my all time favourite cars in your pics there Ronnie

Mini ERA Turbo

MG Metro 6R4

MG SV

I have to agree with the Metro, but I was good friends with Duncan who sadly passed 8 years ago now. When Duncan designed cars he did it with style. The 6R4 was one of the few that he was not as proud of as the others he preferred his earlier designs, he had a special place in his heart for the MG sport cars he was involved with and the Jowetts he had a hand in. I must contact his son and see what happened to the 6R4 the company gave him when he retired. It usually covered 21 miles per year the distance From his house to the MOT station and back, as I remember his son did compete in it in a few events Run by the SSCC. It is so sad when we lose people like Duncan as their knowledge is irreplaceable.
It was a privilege to have been in his circle of Friends. His Cars will live on despite the fact that few knew of his involvement, he was just a name on the design drawings. The fondest memory I have of Duncan is every time he flew he got the pilot to sign his flight log. His log book started when he was a pilot in the RAF with bomber command during the war sorry perhaps I need to say WW2. I found it very touching that such an unassuming man had a record of every flight he flew on as pilot or passenger. I hope the Family kept his log book as like the cars he designed it has a place in history.
Alan
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote