Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th January 2018, 17:08   #1
pugcrew
Avid contributor

none

Default Rear washer pipe on Tourer

Due to a leak I need to replace the short length of pipe that runs through the flexible rubber tube that is visible when you open the glass hatch only.

Firstly I think the washer pipe runs through the left rubber tube but can anyone confirm this?

Secondly does anyone have any advice on replacing this short length of tube? It looks like it will be a PITA to disconnect the rubber tube and I suspect that feeding a new washer pipe through the rubber tube will also be a PITA. Does anyone have any tips on doing this?

Finally, I have read some posts on here where people have removed the rear washer jet and found that the 'grommet' that holds the jet breaks into a number of pieces. Do I need to remove the jet or can I simply remove the washer pipe from the jets while they are in place?
pugcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2018, 19:06   #2
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Black washer pipe runs though the top centre hole, also has heated rear screen plug and wiper motor plug run though that hole.
That’s if my memory serves me correctly, I remove enough of them lol
They normally have a small white joiner fitted on the washer fluid feed
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2018, 22:37   #3
pugcrew
Avid contributor

none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Black washer pipe runs though the top centre hole, also has heated rear screen plug and wiper motor plug run though that hole.
That’s if my memory serves me correctly, I remove enough of them lol
They normally have a small white joiner fitted on the washer fluid feed
Mick
I can see the small white joiner which is where I want to replace the pipe from. I assume that from the top centre hole the washer pipe runs down the left hand rubber tube. I had a quick look and the rubber tube looks quite tightly fitted and I'm also concerned that it will be hard to get a new tube threaded through this and connected to the washer jets. Have you got any tips?
Old 20th January 2018, 16:31   #4
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Before trying to separate the pipe ends from the joiner, and the jet connector, warm the pipe ends with a hair drier.

Last edited by GeoffWW; 20th January 2018 at 16:33..
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 19:57   #5
pugcrew
Avid contributor

none

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffWW View Post
Before trying to separate the pipe ends from the joiner, and the jet connector, warm the pipe ends with a hair drier.
Thanks for this, good idea.

However when I exposed the pipe I found that there was a small section of rubber hose that connected to the washer jet spigot so I did have to disturb the jets.

All now fixed so I have working rear washer and no more leaks into the rear load space!!