Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th September 2016, 18:23   #1
DEVYL
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Auto Connoiseur SE

Default How to buy 2 rover 75 in two days :D

Yes...as it says I have bought 2 rover 75...
A black 2003 Rover 75 2.5 v6 auto with all of the optional extras. The car was going to the scraper , from a mechanical point of view she works fine, engine and gearbox are working as new, no knocks from the suspension but from the outside, every panel is damaged, bonnet is ... destroyed, front bumper made out of pieces, exterior trim glued to the car and the glue went down the entire panel, interior trim cracked, the leather seats are ruined, the leather is cut with a knife, the carpet is brown, no floor mats. She looks like a car which have been vandalized; rev counter not working, speedo not working, ipk display not working, fuel gauge not working, abs warning light on, sunroof death. Sat nav and tv work fine, the sound system is great ( bm54 upgraded ) , electric seats, mirrors, windows, optional extras all work. Because the parts list is LONG, I have bought a LHD 2.5 v6 auto with personal blue line interior from 2001 as a donor . She is in mint condition, has no sunroof, xenons or satnav & hk sound system. I`ll swap everything from it and I`ll have the dashboard with real wood . The donor car is not registered in Romania and cannot be registered because of the high tax. I feel really sad to "destroy" such a nice and well maintained car. Pics bellow.

https://postimg.org/gallery/1k32k9u7u/99f37051/
Old 18th September 2016, 18:43   #2
shasbat3
Gets stuck in

Jaguar S type.

Well, at least you'll be rescuing one of them. It is a shame to break a good one, but needs must. Good luck to you .
shasbat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 19:17   #3
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVYL View Post
Yes...as it says I have bought 2 rover 75...
A black 2003 Rover 75 2.5 v6 auto with all of the optional extras. The car was going to the scraper , from a mechanical point of view she works fine, engine and gearbox are working as new, no knocks from the suspension but from the outside, every panel is damaged, bonnet is ... destroyed, front bumper made out of pieces, exterior trim glued to the car and the glue went down the entire panel, interior trim cracked, the leather seats are ruined, the leather is cut with a knife, the carpet is brown, no floor mats. She looks like a car which have been vandalized; rev counter not working, speedo not working, ipk display not working, fuel gauge not working, abs warning light on, sunroof death. Sat nav and tv work fine, the sound system is great ( bm54 upgraded ) , electric seats, mirrors, windows, optional extras all work. Because the parts list is LONG, I have bought a LHD 2.5 v6 auto with personal blue line interior from 2001 as a donor . She is in mint condition, has no sunroof, xenons or satnav & hk sound system. I`ll swap everything from it and I`ll have the dashboard with real wood . The donor car is not registered in Romania and cannot be registered because of the high tax. I feel really sad to "destroy" such a nice and well maintained car. Pics bellow.

https://postimg.org/gallery/1k32k9u7u/99f37051/
Now that is a huge project you have took on, please keep this updated with photos as you progress with the work. Hats off to you.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2016, 08:23   #4
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Yes please keep us informed how the restoration goes if the government were not so greedy then the donor would not in fact be a donor....
Old 24th September 2016, 20:09   #5
DEVYL
Loves to post

So...I've made a list with all the parts I need to swap :
-Front bumper, hood and front panel ( donor car )
-Tires & Brakes ( new )
-Entire front suspension ( new )
-Entire rear suspension ( new )
-Exhaust ( donor car has new exhaust )
-Full interior , every piece of trim and carpet ( donor car )
-Dashboard + airbags + airbags ecu ( donor car )
-Gear selector knob ( donor car ) ***
-Fuel pump ( donor car )
-Engine sensors ( donor car )
-Instrument panel + ecu + computers etc ( donor car )
-Abs Sensor ( new )
-Inlet manifold + vis motors ( refurbished )
-Xenon bulbs ( new )
-Windows & mirrors switch pack ( donor car )
-Sunroof motor ( new )
-Engine oil , belts, spark plugs ( new )
-Gearbox oil ( new )
-Antifreeze ( new )
-Battery ( new )
-Full respray
And all the other bits the 2001 car has compared to the 2003 such as warning triangle support, boot carpet with special "openings" to replace rear bulbs etc
I really don't know from where to start....

*** The donor car has the leather , wood and chrome gear knob

Last edited by DEVYL; 24th September 2016 at 20:16..
DEVYL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 20:57   #6
Mertens34
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 v6 Saloon

I love the black Rover 75! Its a shame its in such bad condition.

I would love to buy a black Rover 75 but they are very rare. (So i have the blue one which you also have)
Mertens34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 05:50   #7
DEVYL
Loves to post

I have managed to unmount the interior from the donor car but I have encountered my 1st problem in the engine bay :
The donor car ( 2001 ) has the old style coil packs , the one that stay over the "V" of the engine , the newer car ( 2003 ) has the ones which stay on top of the spark plug. No issues here but someone removed the newer style from the 03 car and adapted the older style only on the front 3 coils and they are flying all over the place because the newer model doesn't have the "fixings" to place them over there. I was planning to buy a set of 3 coils , the later, version to bring the car to the original spec; here is the problem, the computer plugs are different and my car in the front only has the older style. Will the engine work fine with 3 new style coils and 3 old style coils?
Old 1st October 2016, 12:24   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

mmm will there be a passenger cup holder coming up for sale

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 17:48   #9
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVYL View Post
A black 2003 Rover 75 ...
Looking at your photos Alexander, is it black or Dorchester Red?

Simon
Old 1st October 2016, 18:33   #10
DEVYL
Loves to post

She is black ; Raven Black PMF. I don't know exactly if the interior from the donor car is Neptune Blue or Deepsea green