Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st October 2017, 08:32   #71
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juego View Post
Well haven't posted on here for a while and I know my photos won't be showing anymore due to photobucket but I will get around to sorting it when I can remember my log in details for Flickr lol!

Anyway I've decided to keep Gem and have refunded the deposit back to the buyer. So plan is to get the money together and get her belts done and back on the road again! So project Gem 75 will start very soon ��
You know it makes sense
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 21:21   #72
dai1983

75 Saloon

I now own this car and will update this thread as and when I can or start a new one if that would be more polite? So far everything is going pretty well and it took the journey from Glasgow to Devon in its stride returning over 400 miles to a tank!

I’m coming from a clio 172 and had other sporty-ish cars such as Accord Type Rs and a 2.0t Octavia VRS. I wish that I’d come to the 75 party a lot sooner and feel especially bad for ridiculing my dad back in the day for looking at them! I hope that I can redeem myself.

Anyway my plans are:

-belts and full service
-ATF change
-plenum check
-There’s a slight wheel vibration around 70mph which will be wheel balancing.
-Get underneath and have a look at the disks and pads that were mentioned in an advisory.
-The other advisory was rusty brake lines so I’ll clean those up.
-Tyre savers and/or new springs.
-The car came with two sets of serpents that need refurbing. I’m considering getting one set powder coated in a gunmetal colour and selling the other set.
-real wood dash

I actually have a manual 1.8T that I bought a week before I spied this one for sale. It needs new top mounts, front brakes, leaky side clips sorting and a new tyre. I have the parts already but contemplating using it for bits. The 16s and other tyres ane VGC!
dai1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 22:36   #73
Juego
Gets stuck in

Skoda Superb

By all means update this thread, I don't mind. Glad she's gone to a good home! I miss her already and the drive looks weird without her lol
Juego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 23:59   #74
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Congratulations on the new buy.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 17:00   #75
dai1983

75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juego View Post
By all means update this thread, I don't mind. Glad she's gone to a good home! I miss her already and the drive looks weird without her lol
Cheers for the patience of waiting for me to travel up!
Old 20th January 2018, 17:02   #76
Juego
Gets stuck in

Skoda Superb

No bother man, keep us posted on her!
Juego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 15:21   #77
dai1983

75 Saloon

A bombing attack by the local birds saw the car getting its first wash in my ownership last weekend. It gave me a chance to give the bodywork a once over. It’s pretty clean except the usual stone chips and a small scuff on the rear corner. The front bumper is also a bit low compared to the bonnet but I’m taking it off soon.

I had it on the ramps on Wednesday and I dropped the oil then refilled with new to flush it out. I also changed the PAS fluid while I was there.

The car is slowly loosing coolant and a pressure test shows there’s a leak somewhere. I can only see a small bit of crusty red in the “V” but the front belt cover at the gearbox end had coolant dripping off it. The fan has stopped working at slow speed and the radiator isn’t getting very hot either.

Ordered Chinese timing tools, INA timing belt kit, DMGRS water pump, full service kit, cam seals, inlet gaskets, ATF fluid, thermostat kit with pipes, uprated fan resistor, new non squeaky aux tensioner and aux belt. I’ve also picked up a full set of brand spankers Borg and Beck brakes for £80 off the Facebook marketplace.

I’ll fit all that next week after work and shows this car is here for the long term. Getting a calculated 30mpg at 80% A road and motorway. Hoping the cooling refresh/fix will give a few more.

Last edited by dai1983; 2nd February 2018 at 16:01..
Old 23rd February 2018, 07:05   #78
dai1983

75 Saloon

I fitted the updated resistor and now the fan works as it should. Afterwards I drove 80 miles and the car refused to start. Luckily I was at home and able to get a lift back to work. A week later I fitted the FOC and new o ring to the fuel filter and it fired up fine again. I took the opportunity to clean the inside and unleashed the carpet cleaner on the dirty cream mats that scrubbed nicely. I have a grey spill mat on top of the drivers that obsorbs oil and water.

I notice that when the cars idling from cold in the workshop that it drips clear water out of the back and centre of the exhaust. It looks like condensation/rain but as I’m a paranoid type I was replacing the thermostat and IMG anyway. I did that last night and it took me about 5 hours plus I managed to snap one of the plastic breathers! I spent a fair amount of time flapping about because of a spare connector near the top of the gearbox.

The thermostat came out whole and looked like it’s been changed in the past with loads of black silicone on the joints. The bendy pipe showed signs of leaking around the join to the head and all the O rings were also past their best. The new stat went in with orange Loctite sealant that’s “highly resistant to coolant”. The inlet gaskets didn’t have any damage but showed the usual signs of water seeping into the ports.

Timing belts next week and looking forward to eliminating a noisy aux tensioner. There’s no history of a belt change but the crank bolt looks like it’s seen some previous attention.
Old 23rd February 2018, 07:56   #79
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Good work.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote