Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th July 2020, 12:51   #1
davesd1

No car

Default Is this over priced?

I've been looking for around a month now and still struggling on prices,is this top dollar?
Thanks for any advice, much appreciated.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-MGF-ZT...y/333642227884
davesd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 13:00   #2
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Judging by the fact that the brake pipe wasn’t done and just given a advisory I’d say you should factor in a brake pipe job, looks clean but all dealer cars do once cleaned, if your interested ask some questions like “when was the PCV filter last changed”? and watch the blank expression on their face when the realise you know more about these cars than they do.

A car is only worth what a person is willing to pay in my opinion.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 13:04   #3
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

I paid 2k for mine, very similar spec, very similar mileage. That was a year ago.
63,000 miles on the clock at the time.

I suppose it's worth what anyone will pay for it.

I thought mine was worth the money, at the time.

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 13:28   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesd1 View Post
I've been looking for around a month now and still struggling on prices,is this top dollar?
Thanks for any advice, much appreciated.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-MGF-ZT...y/333642227884
In my opinion, and it is only my opinion, it is above top dollar. I will explain my point of view, because again, my view is, if you can afford it, you like it, then is your money, then buy it.

My own, bought for what I though of as very top money 6 years ago from a friend, who has a mechanic he has been using for years, and the slightest noise, he took it to him, paying whatever it cost to sort it.

There are 4 differences stand out between my car and that car. The colour, that car is most popular colour of ZT (XPG grey), mine is the second most popular (starlight silver). Mine is an auto (which tends to command a slightly higher price). Mine had full leather (faced) seats, as opposed to the vinyl cloth on the ebay one. Lastly, that one is at a dealer, so therefore you will have at least some form of basic comeback for about 3 months. Mine being 62000 miles when I bought it, was £2500. What I paid for mine, makes me baulk sometimes both what it cost me, and when I compare to other cars out there. (Looking at the reg date, I would bet that it was made very close to the same time as mine too)

If there was no work needing done, for the next few years, then maybe. I am talking of suspension, clutch, full leather, even tyres, and was a rarer colour, then yes, I think would be close to being on the money in this current market. If you do drive it, watch the temp gauge, and see if it gets to halfway (which is still not an indicator of its operation). This will indicate a failed thermostat. There is a cheap but very effective work around for this, but straightaway, but that is a £250-300 bargaining point - as it is a labour intensive task to replace properly. Clutch work is the guts of £500, rear suspension, anything from £200-£1000. Sills rust at the rear, £200 per side to rectify correctly.

The current market is what dictates what is good value or not, and there will be great cars out there for sale now for less - mileage on these engines is not an issue. A good test on the integrity of a dealer selling a diesel one of these, is to ask ignorantly if the timing belt has been done recently. If they say yes, they are lying. They have a chain, which has a service life of 250,000 miles.

Have you looked into the for sale ads on this forum (which is traditionally where you would find top money, but usually well sorted cars)? However as I said at the beginning, it is your money, your desires and only you can really decide, but be ultra critical in terms of what work may be required, even down to stone chips and paint lacquer lol.

Have you seen the excellent Buyer's Guide HERE? It is a very worthwhile well written read.

Good luck with your search.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 14:30   #5
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

It is my habit to defend the prices of our cars , but that one is over the top
Now , if it was a v6 ………...
Old 25th July 2020, 14:57   #6
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Look at what else you can buy for that price in the second-hand market, and whilst it seems high for what I and many of you have paid in the past for such, I think it is about right.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 15:24   #7
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Top money for an ordinary car , ok if you like grey
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 15:54   #8
Richard1973
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Zenon, cruise & reversing sensors help as does the low mileage. Still don't see it at much more than 2k though, even from a garage.
Richard1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 19:57   #9
davesd1

No car

Thanks for all of the replies,i'll go with the majority.The search continues, one in Gateshead,but not exactly 'round the corner.
davesd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2020, 22:01   #10
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

https://www.gumtree.com/p/mg/2006-mg...ual/1374257400
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote