Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th March 2018, 13:31   #1
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Default Everyone rush out and change your hydramount

My diesel auto has now done 108K but has slowly become more rattly and vibrating, particularly noticeable after a recent change of the crankshaft pulley (from DMGRS but Mat says they're fine). Having trawled the forum I decided to get the Hydramount changed but when I picked it up from my local garage the old one looked OK: no leaks or splits - so I presumed I'd wasted my money (£74 from Mat + fitting). However . . . driving it away it was immediately noticeably quieter, much less vibration - and significantly smoother over potholes. I wasn't expecting that at all, thinking those bumps would be down to various suspension wears. So chaps, what's in this Hydramount to make such a difference? Is there some sort of sealed gel that goes hard over time? Needless to say I heartily recommend you to change it: and hope you'll be as pleased as I am.
Old 9th March 2018, 14:15   #2
MDMH757
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
My diesel auto has now done 108K but has slowly become more rattly and vibrating, particularly noticeable after a recent change of the crankshaft pulley (from DMGRS but Mat says they're fine). Having trawled the forum I decided to get the Hydramount changed but when I picked it up from my local garage the old one looked OK: no leaks or splits - so I presumed I'd wasted my money (£74 from Mat + fitting). However . . . driving it away it was immediately noticeably quieter, much less vibration - and significantly smoother over potholes. I wasn't expecting that at all, thinking those bumps would be down to various suspension wears. So chaps, what's in this Hydramount to make such a difference? Is there some sort of sealed gel that goes hard over time? Needless to say I heartily recommend you to change it: and hope you'll be as pleased as I am.
Just done mine on my 1.8T two weeks ago as well as the droplinks, no vibrations, noises. etc.. is now lovely smooth pleasurable drive... my old hydramount had split half way round..... I believe they are filled with a fluid... sure someone will clarify this..
MDMH757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 14:25   #3
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Ah, right, mine may need doing. Started to get a bit of vibration at tickover, nothing major, just a slight buzz through the steering wheel, and on occasions, a little bit of a buzz in the dash somewhere. Also a rattle, again at tickover, sounds like metal on metal, can only hear it with the window open so it's not that loud (yet).
Have been getting a bit of bumping from the front end, I thought droplinks but this has got me thinking.
Could this all be down to the Hydramount?

Last edited by Groundsman Willie; 9th March 2018 at 14:27..
Groundsman Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 16:28   #4
breakfastinsmethwick
Gets stuck in

Maintainer of sons ZT M47r

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMH757 View Post
Just done mine on my 1.8T two weeks ago as well as the droplinks, no vibrations, noises. etc.. is now lovely smooth pleasurable drive... my old hydramount had split half way round..... I believe they are filled with a fluid... sure someone will clarify this..
Sure are filled with glycol I think. There was a member on here responsible for their design/ specification. I’ll stop now in case you fall asleep.
breakfastinsmethwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 16:44   #5
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

is there a how to for changing them? Mines on 203k so would be interesting what difference it makes when changed. I get quite a bit of vibration through the steering wheel on mine at idle, being a diesel some vibration is expected but mine does it more than other diesels I've driven. Wondering if it could be this mount causing it?
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 16:53   #6
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
is there a how to for changing them?
This any good?

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 19:02   #7
MDMH757
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Had seen the diesel change "how to" ...... but couldn't find a 1.8T change "how to"...... so when I did mine, took photos to do a 1.8t "how to"..... When I get a spare minute... 😉

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
MDMH757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 19:23   #8
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default Before ordering a new hydramount

Have a read through
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=247084

Check for play in the steering wheel by holding at 3 and 9 o'clock and alternately pushing one side away as you pull the other side toward you. Did this in the manual cdt I had ( quite bad vibration at idle- and it 'knocked' when i did the push me pull me test ) and replaced the column which stopped nearly all the vibration. Salvaged the LHD column and will replace the auto cdt column when I get the chance...
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 19:48   #9
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue75 View Post
Have a read through
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=247084

Check for play in the steering wheel by holding at 3 and 9 o'clock and alternately pushing one side away as you pull the other side toward you. Did this in the manual cdt I had ( quite bad vibration at idle- and it 'knocked' when i did the push me pull me test ) and replaced the column which stopped nearly all the vibration. Salvaged the LHD column and will replace the auto cdt column when I get the chance...
Cheers for this, yep, got a knock when I wiggle the steering wheel. Guess it's a new column at the very least for me
Old 9th March 2018, 20:28   #10
super s
Gets stuck in

mg

have the lower mount and hydramount for replacing till end of the month...

have knocking at take up, and vibration throw the steering wheel... also lot of vibration at idle throw the cabin...

hope it will be ok...

let you know the result after the replacing...
super s is offline   Reply With Quote