Notices

Old 18th November 2021, 13:52   #51
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post
Sorry, now I'm more confused! Your statement that 'I would want to be cared for by someone who had not been jabbed.' doesn't appear to fit in with the rest of what you have written.

In respect of HM Forces, it is compulsory to have certain jabs on joining (most of which are the ones which the general population are offered but some choose not to have), and others when deploying to certain regions. In the last 12 months, the Covid jab has been added to the latter group. While an individual can refuse a jab, that would make them undeployable, which would likely have a disastrous effect on the individual's career and prospects. A bit like the care-home workers, there is a clear choice - get jabbed, or find alternative employment. Plenty of vacancies right now in the meat processing industry or haulage!

your post clearly shows the difference between HM forces and Carers, it is compulsory at the start of the job and through out employment. It is not for carers, this is a new rule and one that I think is wrong.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2021, 14:42   #52
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post

'Who is infecting 39k people every day? Must be those pesky 20% who have not been jabbed (for various reasons).'

What, you mean the 1,320,000 who have not been jabbed are not the cause of the current epidemic, spreading it to 39K per day? Seems reasonable to me, that they are the ones still spreading it. I suppose we are lucky, that the majority will not be catching it, or not suffering the effects quite so badly, because they have been jabbed.

Even if you have been jabbed you can still pass it on. However , the statistics show you have decreased the risk by over 50%. Therefore we should all continue to take precautions to reduce the risk even further.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2021, 14:42   #53
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
your post clearly shows the difference between HM forces and Carers, it is compulsory at the start of the job and through out employment. It is not for carers, this is a new rule and one that I think is wrong.

macafee2

Exactly, a rule brought in after employment had started.
Old 18th November 2021, 16:00   #54
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

macafee2
My point was that the Covid jab is new, and therefore a new requirement. Applies to both groups.
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2021, 16:18   #55
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

There are many angels who work in the Care sector, some of whom were not vaxxed. The job has struggled like hell to provide a high standard of care, proper care, (that should be with a capital C) but to some extent has not been able necessarily to attract ideally suitable candidates.

Consequently there has been in some cases questions asked about maintaining standards. Now the establishment will struggle even more to attract suitable staff. What a motivational disaster of a strategy. Is there anybody in charge with a brain?

Just back from hospital following a day-stay consultation and small implant. Yesterday I had to get C tested in a drive-up shed (actually an out-of-use car wash) and today my temperature was taken prior to being accepted.

I presume my name is on HMGOV lists as a non-vaccer so at least my hospital area is not horribly prejudiced against a minority group. Well, a minority exceeding a million if you trust GOV figures. I would have thought one or two more.

However, it's a biggie tomorrow at a magnificent teaching hospital by an eminent surgeon. Here's hoping not everybody is as prejudiced as some. By the way, all NHS and absolutely wonderful. So far.

It's now nearly 5 months since I was driving. And it's hell. My own decision, but that only makes it worse.
Old 18th November 2021, 18:50   #56
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default No

Quote:
What you wrote, makes no sense to me at all. There are certainly stats which suggest the jab works, stats to suggest it avoids infection, stats which suggest that even if you do get it, the effects are less severe and stats which suggest you are less likely to pass it on.

'Who is infecting 39k people every day? Must be those pesky 20% who have not been jabbed (for various reasons).'

What, you mean the 1,320,000 who have not been jabbed are not the cause of the current epidemic, spreading it to 39K per day? Seems reasonable to me, that they are the ones still spreading it. I suppose we are lucky, that the majority will not be catching it, or not suffering the effects quite so badly, because they have been jabbed.
Let's have a look at your statement, if 39,000 new infections were happening directly from those without a vaccine you might have a point but, that figure without a vaccine does not include those with natural immunity that have higher resistance to the virus. Let's assume that a third of them have natural immunity and simply don't need the vaccines, I'm one of them by the way. That brings the figure right down that are not vaccinated, it's just a guess I admit but it'll be very close to the right amount. That leaves a very small amount of people infecting around 40,000 people each day and you believe it's just the unvaccinated spreading it? I think you're way off and very misled by official stats, how can you trust what any Government says when natural immunity is being totally ignored by every Government, why do you think that is because I don't know the answer. It would seem that there is no price too high for any Government to get that jab into everyone no matter what their status might be, it won't stop at the booster either, it will roll on and on every few months and you'll say to yourself, how many is enough? The answer is simple, it's going to continue and divide people into yes and no groups, those saying no will be restricted and discriminated against international law. I'm also sure you'll get to a point where your next jab to save Christmas/holidays/the NHS will wear very thin. Any Government wanting to save the NHS wouldn't be considering sacking up to 100,000 staff for refusing the jab as a matter pf personal choice.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2021, 18:52   #57
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post
My point was that the Covid jab is new, and therefore a new requirement. Applies to both groups.
Torqueofthedevil,
Has it been in the past, mandatory for care workers to be jabbed with what ever vaccination comes on the market?

What mandatory vaccinations have carers have to had in the past when applying for a job or when getting the job

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2021, 19:35   #58
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Even if you have been jabbed you can still pass it on. However , the statistics show you have decreased the risk by over 50%. Therefore we should all continue to take precautions to reduce the risk even further.

Which is what I said, but without stating a reduction figure. The 50% would seem a bit higher than last time I took notice of the stats..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2021, 19:43   #59
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

When I was attended to by the paramedics last week, the female paramedic asked me if i had been double jabbed, when i replied 'No' She then said 'Why not?'

I replied that the last time I checked its was still my choice.

The two tier society is already here I'm afraid, just look in the members cars for sale section.
Old 18th November 2021, 19:45   #60
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Which is what I said, but without stating a reduction figure. The 50% would seem a bit higher than last time I took notice of the stats..
You actually said it must be the pesky 20% that have not been vaccinated.
The figure that I read last week was greater than 50% without saying by how much more.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote