Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th November 2021, 18:40   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Can't work in a care home

The very people that worked through out covid in care homes can no longer work in care homes if not double covid jabbed.

How strange that last and this year they could work in care homes without being double jabbed they cant now.

I wonder how the unfair dismissal cases will pan out. If staff go to the High Court I can see them winning, I hope they win.

I am not sure how being double jabbed will make it safer for others.

I think everyone should be double jabbed, I believe everyone has the right to decide if to be jabbed or not.

A business short of staff is about to be even shorter.

What a disgusting situation.

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 14th November 2021 at 17:14..
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 18:55   #2
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

However if I, or a relative was in a care home I would wish to only be supported by a double jabbed staff member. My choice of course.
KWIL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 19:11   #3
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

[QUOTE=macafee2;2907509 I believe everyone has the right to decide if to be jabbed or not?

macafee2[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
However employers can ask for certain conditions to be met of their employees.
Other than those which have a medical condition which precludes it, I cannot understand why anyone would not want to be double jabbed. 90% of those being treated in ICUs have not been jabbed.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 19:17   #4
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default And.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
However if I, or a relative was in a care home I would wish to only be supported by a double jabbed staff member. My choice of course.
That is where a lot of the problems come from...

Imagine this, let's call them Mary and Alice, they work in the same care home as nurses.
Mary has woken up with symptoms of Covid, is staying home and has booked a PCR test.

Alice has had two jabs and has Covid but doesn't know she has, she's going to be tending to many elderly people over the coming days.

Do you see a problem here? The jabs stop nothing but severe illness for the jabbed, and that's not 100% certain. Your choice of wanting only vaccinated staff will not lessen or remove any risk.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 19:25   #5
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Unfortunately for them,in the interests of residents safety it has become a requirement for employee's to be vaccinated in that profession.They do have a very valid point though that nobody can be certain as to what if any the long term side effects will be.All those who have been jabbed have taken a leap of faith to some extent.They will have to do like many others in various career's who find themselves unemployed,and retrain for something else.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 19:26   #6
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

I wonder how the unfair dismissal cases will pan out. If staff go to the High Court I can see them winning, I hope they win.
I hope all 60,000 go to court and win unfair dismissal cases, whatever happened to freedom of choice

Having the vaccine does not stop transmission, we are going very quickly down the route of ending up like North Korea.
Old 11th November 2021, 19:42   #7
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
The very people that worked through out covid in care homes can no longer work in care homes if not double covid jabbed.

How strange that last and this year they could work in care homes without being double jabbed they can now.

I am not sure how being double jabbed will make it safer for others.

I think everyone should be double jabbed, I believe everyone has the right to decide if to be jabbed or not.

A business short of staff is about to be even shorter.

What a disgusting situation.

macafee2
It is puzzling that they were good enough to work through three waves (first one without proper ppe) but not up to standard now.

I don't know what the scientific advice they are getting but a perusal of on-line medical submissions indicate that it is an unknown if a double vaxxd person is capable of transmitting a heavier viral load or a much lesser risk. Also no-one knows the effects of asymptomatics have had throughout the pandemic.

I hope there is a crowd funding for any legal challange.

Next on the list is hospital staff!

Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 11th November 2021 at 19:42.. Reason: spelling
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 19:43   #8
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Not so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Unfortunately for them,in the interests of residents safety it has become a requirement for employee's to be vaccinated in that profession.They do have a very valid point though that nobody can be certain as to what if any the long term side effects will be.All those who have been jabbed have taken a leap of faith to some extent.They will have to do like many others in various career's who find themselves unemployed,and retrain for something else.
The issues surrounding an unlawful mandate such as this are many, the legal cases will be interesting to say the least. There are issues not even considered by the government and Mr peanut head Javid as yet, care homes will lose staff and be faced with critical staffing issues where patients will be sent to hospitals for care, that will clog up a troubled NHS over the cold months. The backlog won't clear before frontline staff are forced out in the Spring and the NHS might as well give up at that point. What's it all about, some say safety but I beg to differ on that, a relentless system of jab after jab will follow and that's going to cause mental distress for many staff on the frontline `I'm sorry but your fifth jab has run its course and, you'll need a sixth jab or lose your job` Is that where this is heading because it's going to destroy the NHS and care system, the travel industry is another but, you'll still be able to go to a football match with 40,000 others tightly packed in.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 19:45   #9
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

We will be next on the list, I make healthcare products I'm sure they will try and push everyone to have the vaccines by these stealthy methods.
Old 11th November 2021, 19:53   #10
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:

macafee2

This is the unanimous view in our household.

From a purely pragmatic point of view, the care home workers' wishes should take priority over those of the residents on the basis that it is the former whose rights are under threat by the direction.

From a personal point of view, if I was in a care home I would want priority to be given to the wellbeing and the rights of the carers rather than myself. Ditto health service staff. Anything else would be selfish.

A test case does need to go to the high court as a matter of urgency.

Last edited by MSS; 11th November 2021 at 20:13..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote