Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th November 2021, 14:08   #11
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
No free parking.... I didnt know about PCR test either. This is looking like a exspensive disaster for me and friend.
Have you had both jabs of so you will be fine with the proof of them
Old 9th November 2021, 14:35   #12
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 View Post
Have you had both jabs of so you will be fine with the proof of them
Is this deffinatly th case.. ? As my friend is in a right dilema now as hes old and carnt do computors or mobiles. Iv just been in a mad rush and got mine. We are both double jabbed.

At th test centre they said ring 119 for them to book for him. He as and they say he dosnt need a test to go to a venue???? Im very confused.
Old 9th November 2021, 15:02   #13
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

As I read it !
I don't think proof of vaccinations will be acceptable, if you read Reeb's post it states "people will need to show proof of a negative lateral flow test taken not less than 48 hours before arrival, on their phone via the NHS app" Vaccination will not stop you getting Covid so you need to do a lateral flow test before you visit in able to prove you are Covid free on arrival.
I foresee lot's of heated discussions at the door but I hope you get sorted and enjoy the show.
Cheers Ian

Link that may help..https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus...ral-flow-tests

Last edited by Ian G; 9th November 2021 at 15:24..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2021, 15:18   #14
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

Thanks Ian.

We are both regretting it already. I wished id payed th amendment fee as we would have asked for a re fund. I darnt mention th £12 pre pay parking.

Iv just been to a walkin centre and got mine. My friend as now managed to do th same. Now you say 48 hrs before when i thought it was 72. So ill need another to cover th event day??? This turning out to be a very costly in time, stress and money day out.

Im confused with lateral flow and PCR. I thought PCR is walk in centre???

Please help..
Old 9th November 2021, 15:23   #15
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Ian.

We are both regretting it already. I wished id payed th amendment fee as we would have asked for a re fund. I darnt mention th £12 pre pay parking.

Iv just been to a walkin centre and got mine. My friend as now managed to do th same. Now you say 48 hrs before when i thought it was 72. So ill need another to cover th event day??? This turning out to be a very costly in time, stress and money day out.

Im confused with lateral flow and PCR. I thought PCR is walk in centre???

Please help..
Phil it states "not less than 48 hours before arrival" so (I think) you should be OK with a 72 hr test..

Last edited by Ian G; 9th November 2021 at 15:26..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2021, 15:54   #16
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

I think th same. Th 72 and 48 hr is confusing as mine was just done (Tue 9th) at 2pm. Im sure Reebs will confirm shortly... I went th IOM on th sea cat this year twice and had none of these problems.

Last edited by Phil th Barrow; 9th November 2021 at 15:57..
Phil th Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2021, 18:01   #17
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
I think th same. Th 72 and 48 hr is confusing as mine was just done (Tue 9th) at 2pm. Im sure Reebs will confirm shortly... I went th IOM on th sea cat this year twice and had none of these problems.
If you're double jabbed, there's no need to worry about flow tests etc. Full details are on the NEC's web site here: https://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/safety-measures. In summary, it states:

"This year, we require proof of COVID status upon entry for everyone. For residents in England, this can be shown through one of the following:
  • Proof of double vaccination, with the second at least 14 days prior to the event via the NHS app or website
  • Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test, taken on the same day you are visiting the show. Please take the test at home before you travel to the show and register the result. You can then show the email/text from the NHS. Please note that his will last for 48 hours, so you may need to re-test if you are attending all 3 days
  • Proof of natural immunity, based on a positive PCR test within 180 days of the show via a text/email from the NHS
  • If you are medically exempt - more information here"

Hope this helps,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2021, 19:08   #18
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
If you're double jabbed, there's no need to worry about flow tests etc. Full details are on the NEC's web site here: https://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/safety-measures. In summary, it states:

"This year, we require proof of COVID status upon entry for everyone. For residents in England, this can be shown through one of the following:
  • Proof of double vaccination, with the second at least 14 days prior to the event via the NHS app or website
  • Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test, taken on the same day you are visiting the show. Please take the test at home before you travel to the show and register the result. You can then show the email/text from the NHS. Please note that his will last for 48 hours, so you may need to re-test if you are attending all 3 days
  • Proof of natural immunity, based on a positive PCR test within 180 days of the show via a text/email from the NHS
  • If you are medically exempt - more information here"

Hope this helps,

Cliff
Cliff

I think the problem was that one of the gents in question didn't have access to either a pc or smartphone so wouldn't be able to register or access the NHS app.

The only other way that I know of, other than the lateral flow tests they seem to have now arranged, is to call 119 and request paper proof of vaccination though I understand this can take up to seven days to arrive....

Unfortunately I'm not able to attend the show this year as I'm currently recovering from minor surgery.

Trust all goes well on the club's stand, hope to see you all next year.

Regards
Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2021, 19:18   #19
vilas66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, CDTi Tourer, Saloon

Can't be there this year. Was my annual trip from Italy to the West MIdlands ... my second home.
All the best and hope to reach You next year
Old 9th November 2021, 20:02   #20
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

Thanks Cliff.

If you're double jabbed, there's no need to worry about flow tests etc. Full details are on the NEC's web site here:

Phew... We are both double jabbed and have proof. So no need for test's. Just got sort th exspensive parking now...

Thank you again.. Phil