Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st October 2021, 00:44   #1
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts
Default Electric Vehicles ??

This is a hilarious outlook from Australia... (Check put the YouTube channel.... Well worth the laugh)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLflYkgnNBY

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2021, 22:37   #2
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Love it!!
Although I wish she actually addressed the many issues with EV cars here like
towing somthing cuts the vehicles battery distance in half, not to mention what you do when you drive out into the desert!!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2021, 06:43   #3
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Many countries currently are battling to just keep the electricity system working. There simply is no generating surplus to keep a large fleet of EVs operating.
The German federation of engineers has calculated that the climate impact of modern combustion engined vehicles is lower than that of EVs.
The high adaption of EVs in Norway, is only possible by discrimination of all other types of cars. The electric vehicles can use the roads free, park free and are not taxed. It is not "survival of the fittest" it is politics, paid for by the tax payers and run by politicians and special interest. In the case of Norway, it does however make a bit of sense, as much of their electricity is generated by natural water power. But that is far from the case in other countries, where electricity would be generated by burning fossil fuels, like in Australia.
It is clear that electric vehicles in that case make very little sense, if any!
Old 1st November 2021, 07:05   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Saw it a couple of days ago. Some of the Aussie stuff on YouTube is really good.
Look for Aussie man reviews, contains bad language but they way he talks makes it funny and not offensive. Also watch the stuff they do on Joe Biden, wow dont they take a swip at him.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2021, 10:06   #5
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Ive been watching the COP meeting on tv.
I see the French president Macron bleating about trying to sell us out of date submarines and not happy we have decided to ditch their diesel subs for
Uk/ Usa nuclear subs and calling our prime minister a liar.
Now hes threatening the UK to do what he wants re letting french fishing boats in uk waters and given the uk 24hrs to comply or else.
What is this peanut on about.
We had a contract with get out provisions and given they were already 8 years behind the schedule no wonder we bailed out.
Its pretty obvious he has an election near and wants to take Germany’s place as top dog in the Eu.
You think Macron would be happy we are going to have a less polluting submarine fleet!!
Old 1st November 2021, 11:46   #6
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Peter - these are genuine questions, although I recognise that I may be about to discover my peanut status.

How is it that a selection process was completed and contract signed for the submarines in 2016 but you say that 'they were already 8 years behind schedule'?

Do you, in fact, mean that Australia started the selection process 8 years too late with reference to its needs?

Also, are you stating that your PM is not a liar? If this is the case, I take my hat off to you for your loyalty and wish that other citizens around the world were equally as supportive of their political leaders.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2021, 12:34   #7
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Supporting the political leadership is like the sheep thinking the farmer is his friend.

It always ends with a rude awakening.

Politics draws sociopaths and narcissistic psychopaths like flies to a dead fish.

Our unwavering support and tacit acceptance of these overlords is demanded and expected. That will end, when we/they realize what is going on.

I, for one, am tired of listening to uneducated twits berating me for living my modest life, while they arrive in private planes, yachts and boasting a cavalcade of 85 cars through the streets of Rome.

I give them no approval to run my life, speak on my behalf or expect me to bend to their desires.

None, whatsoever.
Old 1st November 2021, 15:08   #8
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Supporting the political leadership is like the sheep thinking the farmer is his friend.

It always ends with a rude awakening.

Politics draws sociopaths and narcissistic psychopaths like flies to a dead fish.

Our unwavering support and tacit acceptance of these overlords is demanded and expected. That will end, when we/they realize what is going on.

I, for one, am tired of listening to uneducated twits berating me for living my modest life, while they arrive in private planes, yachts and boasting a cavalcade of 85 cars through the streets of Rome.

I give them no approval to run my life, speak on my behalf or expect me to bend to their desires.

None, whatsoever.

Hmmmm.......the farmer and sheep are part of one of life's equilibria. They both have their roles to play and their destinies. Nothing will change that. Fighting a role in the equilibria only leads to unhappiness.

Kaiser - I sense that you are not happy with the realities of life and therefore your role in life itself.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2021, 17:48   #9
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Hmmmm.......the farmer and sheep are part of one of life's equilibria. They both have their roles to play and their destinies. Nothing will change that. Fighting a role in the equilibria only leads to unhappiness.

Kaiser - I sense that you are not happy with the realities of life and therefore your role in life itself.
Now that is deep and meaningful!!
I think there is going to be a big reality check with the population regarding implementation of all this global emissions reduction.
Do we need to change the way we do things, yes, but a few realities are, humans will continue to consume and pollute , countries will do what it takes to keep the lights on and homes warm, in the end it is always the average citizen that pays for all this change and the industrialist will get richer building this brave new world. As Kaiser says, they will still be flying their private jets etc.
regards Macron, he was informed their subs were not fit for purpose a while ago,
chose not to believe it, was warned that specific contractual targets had been missed, it was after all a commercial contract they signed with get out clause for both parties.Then he whinges and calls people liars!!
Im not lover of politicians but to be fare, its not Frances money being spent.
Macron is just a grand stander.
Old 2nd November 2021, 03:31   #10
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

AUKUS looks to be an astute move by Australia. Completion of the first French Barracuda sub for Australia was estimated to be around 2035 which is some 8/9 years beyond the planned retirement of Australia's current Collins fleet. Maybe that capability gap as reported by the media is what some refer to re late/overdue. The threat does look to have grown in the Pacific region since since the French/Auz deal and if Australia feels that the product no longer meets its needs it is not unreasonable for it to invoke a cancel clause for that reason alone. Though I gather that there may have been other reasons too such as the near doubling of the projected cost and the salami slicing by France of the agreed slice of the pie that would be apportioned to Australia regards jobs, local input etc..
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote