Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th July 2021, 15:09   #91
Organiser
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T+180 Auto & ZT-T+1.8T in Trophy Blue, ZT-T CDTI+135 Auto in Ignition Blue, ZT-T+190 in Typhoon,

Fiona,

I'm not on here very often these days and have only just found out about Richards accident (we normally chat on facebook or the phone).

Please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery and tell him when we are allowed to come and see him, I will be up to the North East ASAP!

Anything I and all his friends on here can do to help, just let us know.

Best regards to you and the family.

Tom.
Old 23rd July 2021, 08:29   #92
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts
Default Update on Richard

Hi all,

This is Richard's wife, Fiona. Thank you for your messages - much appreciated. Just wanted to let all of Richard's friends know that he was transferred to a local rehabilitation centre yesterday where he will be assessed and a plan made to help him in his recovery.

He is really determined to do his best to get better, especially because he is desperate to come home. He has been continuing to walk around when he can but is still having a lot of trouble with communication, which is why he is unable to write this himself. He is speaking fluently but is still speaking in what sounds like a new language with a couple of English sentences and words mixed in. He is writing in a similar way. He does understand things though and I can usually work out what he is talking about. Unfortunately, I am only allowed to visit him for 45 minutes per week at the centre which is tough for all of us but we'll just have to make the most of it.

Hopefully, all his efforts will pay off and he will eventually surprise you all by sending his own message. Thank you all for your support.
Old 23rd July 2021, 08:49   #93
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Fiona. Thanks for the encouraging update on Rich. It is encouraging to hear he is slowly getting better. Just a similar story. One of my nephews was involved in an accident years ago, and was so badly injured with head trauma, he was packed in ice to slow his metabolism down for seven weeks. He was brought round and obviously ‘out of it’ for quite a while. Could not speak amongst many other things.No memory of the event at all..This was at Birmingham Accident Hospital in the 1960’s. He took his time getting back to normal speech and walking, but the good news is, he made a full recovery in all ways.Hope this gives you some comfort in knowing that better times are round the corner, and with Richards determination, I am sure it will be sooner than later. Best wishes to both of you.
Old 23rd July 2021, 13:15   #94
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Thanks for that update Fiona. Been thinking about Richard pretty much everyday but fought shy of asking to avoid pressing anyone at what must be a very distressing and emotional time. Good to hear any good news, one day at a time and little steps.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 13:34   #95
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Hi all,

This is Richard's wife, Fiona. Thank you for your messages - much appreciated. Just wanted to let all of Richard's friends know that he was transferred to a local rehabilitation centre yesterday where he will be assessed and a plan made to help him in his recovery.

He is really determined to do his best to get better, especially because he is desperate to come home. He has been continuing to walk around when he can but is still having a lot of trouble with communication, which is why he is unable to write this himself. He is speaking fluently but is still speaking in what sounds like a new language with a couple of English sentences and words mixed in. He is writing in a similar way. He does understand things though and I can usually work out what he is talking about. Unfortunately, I am only allowed to visit him for 45 minutes per week at the centre which is tough for all of us but we'll just have to make the most of it.

Hopefully, all his efforts will pay off and he will eventually surprise you all by sending his own message. Thank you all for your support.
Many thanks for the update Fiona. It must be hard on you and family not being able to spend more time with Richard. But he will get there with the help of the experts and with your, and family, support and love.

Take care.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 20:10   #96
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

He's always spoke his own language

Thanks for the update Fiona, tell Rich he's had enough rest now and he has to get back to it.

take care
Old 23rd July 2021, 20:20   #97
GJ53 DGO
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT 260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
He's always spoke his own language

Thanks for the update Fiona, tell Rich he's had enough rest now and he has to get back to it.

take care
Sympathetic as always Andy!
Good to hear he is on the mend however slowly, moving forwards is the important thing. Best wishes from us all.
GJ53 DGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 20:24   #98
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ53 DGO View Post
Sympathetic as always Andy!
Good to hear he is on the mend however slowly, moving forwards is the important thing. Best wishes from us all.
Richard wouldn't have me any other way
Old 23rd July 2021, 20:37   #99
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Good to hear he is still making steady progress, really sad you get to spend so little time with him.
Thank you for keeping us updated.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2021, 08:24   #100
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Just a quick post to say I have just spoken briefly with Richard.

He is making good progress and sounding very positive.
He thanks everyone for all their support and well wishes.

I know Fiona will keep us up to date and I'm sure in the fullness of time Richard will be back posting