Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th June 2021, 07:21   #71
Annfield-East
Loves to post

None

Default Assessment.

Yesterday I took her to John for an assessment of what will be needed to bring her up to standard.

Any fears that she may be a structural wreck soon evaporated as, though some sill welding is needed, it could have been a whole lot worse. According to her MOT history, she would have had quite extensive sill welding in mid 2018, and what needs doing now will be minor in comparison.

She does however need several other items attended to. I am not going to try and remember them, other than suspension arms and rear springs, but I should have an estimate of the cost shortly and expect her to be going in for the necessary work in a week or so from now.

Last edited by Annfield-East; 26th June 2021 at 06:24.. Reason: Correction.
Annfield-East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2021, 07:03   #72
Annfield-East
Loves to post

None

Default Is this a launch car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lincs View Post
That is a very early diesel which is very possibly a car built for the launch is there a service book in it if so what does it say on the car details page?
Attached is the page from the service book. Does it shed any light?

Perhaps Reg Vardy the supplying dealer ran it on trade plates before registering it for sales target purposes just before the T to V plate changeover date.

On another aspect, when checking on howmanyleft.co.uk as to the number of 75 Connoisseur Manual CDT's that remain, it says 2, but that they were first registered in 2004. Can anyone shed any light on this one please?

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicl...onnoisseur_cdt

To its MOT's, the new V5 has just arrived in todays post and I have been able to view the cars detailed history. Its was tested at the same location from 2005 to 2020 inclusive. .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan 5.jpg (123.2 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by Annfield-East; 26th June 2021 at 18:42.. Reason: Additional paragraph.
Old 27th June 2021, 20:31   #73
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

The howmanyleft site isnt accurate at all I'm afraid, they have certain models listed in different sections, ie Rover 75 CDT, then some will be listed as CDti, some just say Rover 2.5 without a model spec??
Old 28th June 2021, 06:29   #74
Annfield-East
Loves to post

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
The howmanyleft site isnt accurate at all I'm afraid, they have certain models listed in different sections, ie Rover 75 CDT, then some will be listed as CDti, some just say Rover 2.5 without a model spec??
Despite that, its still a very informative site, and its home page shows that data for 2021 Q1 should be loaded by the end of this month. Considering that its compiled as a hobby by a self confessed car geek, I for one am very grateful for his efforts.

On the DFT/DVLC data sheet, a massive document with over 51,500 rows, it shows two categories of non CDTi 75 Connoisseur manual diesel saloons, one simply shown as 75 Connoisseur Diesel with 413 active examples, and another headed 75 Connoisseur CDT Diesel with just 2. The How Many Left site is as good as the DFT/DVLA data sheet from which it derives its information.

Last edited by Annfield-East; 28th June 2021 at 06:32.. Reason: Correction.
Old 28th June 2021, 19:18   #75
Annfield-East
Loves to post

None

Default Repair work

Had a call from MGR John today outlining the cost of what needs doing. No change out of a fiver I'm afraid. Quite extensive, but worth while.

She will be going in for the necessary in mid/late July, and at the same time will be having an oil service and a fresh MOT.

She will also be getting a replacement NSF wing, which I will be spraying as no one seems to have one available in Moonstone Green (HES).

All being well, I hope to exhibit her at the Northumberland Classic Vehicle Gathering, Corbridge, just 20 miles from here, on Sunday 15th August.

Last edited by Annfield-East; 28th June 2021 at 19:19.. Reason: Correction.
Old 1st July 2021, 11:33   #76
A19_Graham
I really should get out more.......

Land Rover Freelander 2

Great Save mate.

Looking forward to seeing it progress.

My second favourite colour combo - Moonstone with Cream Leather
A19_Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2021, 11:43   #77
Annfield-East
Loves to post

None

Thanks Graham, I have some similar nice comments since I took her on as a project.
Old 19th July 2021, 15:57   #78
Annfield-East
Loves to post

None

Today I took her to MGR John for some quite extensive underbody work, though structurally she is sound. She will be there for a week, and, as well as a service, will be put through a pre MOT in preparation for her test proper next Monday, this being first day for maintaining the 12 month anniversary.

She will also be having a replacement NSF wing, which I resprayed in the spare bedroom, and a couple of bits of minor cosmetic attention.

If there is any change out of a fiver I will happily donate it to a charity of your choice.

After that it will be a brief trip to the leather restorers a couple of miles away for attention to a small tear on the drivers seat.

Last edited by Annfield-East; 19th July 2021 at 16:09.. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 19th July 2021, 19:59   #79
Alex D
Regular poster

1999 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE, 1998 Rover 825 Sterling

What a lovely car. It's nice to see another early one saved from the crusher, especially as they're getting thin on the ground now.
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2021, 05:30   #80
Annfield-East
Loves to post

None

To those who say that these early examples must be saved, there is a pre production T Reg Connoisseur, yes, it has a 00 VIN, on offer in the Members Cars For Sale section. Come on, there are plenty of members who weep and wail when early models go to the crusher, though thankfully this particular example is safe from that fate, so lets see someone put their hands in their pockets, do the necessary and return it to the road.

Last edited by Annfield-East; 20th July 2021 at 08:13.. Reason: Re-wording