Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd June 2021, 13:04   #41
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

I bumped into a used car parts salesman today in the multistory..
Says he's got a ZT rear subframe "down the lock up"
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2021, 18:21   #42
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Ian G. Where's the pic ???
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2021, 12:52   #43
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Ian G. Where's the pic ???
Will this do..

Last edited by Ian G; 25th June 2021 at 15:38..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2021, 21:01   #44
Francophile
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Quote:
I think questions need to be asked as to why this is happening, especially by everyone who runs or deals with classic cars. We all know quality used parts are vital for keeping these cars on the road. But who do we get on side? That is the big question.

I've come to this discussion rather late, but the above quote (with my emphasis) from post #6 struck a chord. There was, at one time, a group of MPs (the All Party Parliamentary Historic Vehicles Group) who were interested in and supportive of classic cars (of all periods) and classic car owners. The group may still exist, but hide their lights under bushels to avoid the tree-huggers and other such self-important 'influencers' who could affect the said MPs reelection prospects. The FBHVC may have a conduit to that group. Is our Club in the Federation?

We need all the friends we can muster.

Derek F.
Francophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2021, 09:26   #45
MGR South Devon
Premium Trader

ROVER 75 TOURER

I see my original post has brought a lot of response and many questions that need asking.
Unfortunately, at the moment we do not have all the answers. As a business seller, we have legally overcome the ebay selling issue, but we still have other issues to consider.
We are no longer breaking cars on our own site, but obtaining parts from our two local breakers.
On Friday, we ourselves had a visit from the Environment Agency representative. Although they have not enforced on us in any way yet, we still don't know if they are going to take any action. They already knew that we were selling used parts on ebay, so that confirms they are checking all sellers on ebay. I think it will be a long way down the line before they take any action with private sellers, but they have the ability to find them out from ebays customer details if they wanted to.
I don't think the original actions of the Environment Agency was to get older cars off the road as such, but as they are now going to take stricter enforcement action regarding used parts, it will become a tool they can use to reduce the number of cars on the road, especially over 10 years of age, by restricting the availability of parts, both new and old, to keep these vehicles maintained.
We will keep you informed of any new developments.
Old 29th June 2021, 10:05   #46
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Time to start stockpiling parts then.

Didn't leave much for the crusher on the last one I scrapped.

Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2021, 10:22   #47
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Time to start stockpiling parts then.

Didn't leave much for the crusher on the last one I scrapped.

You have left the boot and door seal on
dave lincs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2021, 16:50   #48
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Yep the boot seal was split, but I missed the door seals.
I didn't bother with the rear crash bar as I've got two already.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2021, 00:22   #49
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGR South Devon View Post
I see my original post has brought a lot of response and many questions that need asking.
Unfortunately, at the moment we do not have all the answers. As a business seller, we have legally overcome the ebay selling issue, but we still have other issues to consider.
We are no longer breaking cars on our own site, but obtaining parts from our two local breakers.
On Friday, we ourselves had a visit from the Environment Agency representative. Although they have not enforced on us in any way yet, we still don't know if they are going to take any action. They already knew that we were selling used parts on ebay, so that confirms they are checking all sellers on ebay. I think it will be a long way down the line before they take any action with private sellers, but they have the ability to find them out from ebays customer details if they wanted to.
I don't think the original actions of the Environment Agency was to get older cars off the road as such, but as they are now going to take stricter enforcement action regarding used parts, it will become a tool they can use to reduce the number of cars on the road, especially over 10 years of age, by restricting the availability of parts, both new and old, to keep these vehicles maintained.
We will keep you informed of any new developments.

Another big brother nail in the coffin of peoples freedom!
They just want to have control over everything you do or say or even where you go.
Can you imagine even 10 years ago somone coming to your door and telling you you cant sell a secondhand car part.What a joke.
Over here people would start going nuts if the govt tried enforcing this.
We all need to wake up!!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote