Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th March 2021, 21:10   #21
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

For all those who don't know what these meets were all about, they were along a similar theme as the Midland Nano meets.
We had an agreement with the Air Museum in Doncaster that we would pay £5 per head to camp overnight on the large grass area in front of the Museum entrance. This included admission to the Air museum.

We had the permission of the Museum to hold a workshop during the day where we would teach and assist owners how to maintain and repair their cars. No money ever changed hands that was the ethos of the Yorkshire meets as a mirror of the Midland meets.

The early evening BBQ was self funding, we all chipped in and Andy W knocked up a BBQ out of an old oil drum, Everybody brought some tins/bottles and it was a free and easy evening. Even the museum security guards joined us.

The Spannerlympics were just too funny for words some people took it far too seriously and to be fair the archery was a total flop given the high winds and foam arrows . At one meet we even hired a bouncy castle

Sadly from what i remember the Museum changed the terms and conditions of our agreement and we effectively lost the venue.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2021, 05:10   #22
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
You forgot to mention the extensive sex education Ross received.... (still thinking of me Ross)
Ross still remembers his lessons from Uncle Dave 🤣🤣
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote