Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th March 2021, 06:47   #11
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

he is indeed a good bloke, even helps us out over the other side of the planet here in Australia- he gets around!!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2021, 08:38   #12
Rp61973
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post

A huge loss to the forum. Such a shame.

Eh? Has Brian disappeared again? I did ask where he was a few months ago and he did return for a while. I am aware he was (understandably) unhappy that a recent post containing technical advice had been edited without consulting him, so the advice given ended up not being as Brian intended. Was it that which drove him away again?

If so, then a huge loss. Brian sent me a dual fog/headlamp switch in the post and didn't even want payment for the postage. Hopefully our paths will cross one day and I will buy him a beer or two and some chocolate Hob Nobs!
Old 16th March 2021, 08:54   #13
TourerSteve
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

The length that man will go to for a hobnob biscuit !
Certainly the forum a poorer place without his knowledge and experience
TourerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2021, 09:24   #14
tourer
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
All the accolades above in respect of Brian are thoroughly, thoroughly deserved.

I keep in touch with him on an almost daily basis, the man is an absolute diamond.

He is always my first point of call regarding anything about 75's. Be it big or small, he has the answer, and the know how.

A huge loss to the forum. Such a shame.
Loss???😱
I thought he was back.
I can't keep up.
tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2021, 09:31   #15
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

Brian's one of life's true gentleman 👍 one if not the most knowledgeable guys on our cars , the forum is definitely a poorer place without him around

Sent from my VFD 730 using Tapatalk

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2021, 10:51   #16
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

A talented engineer, who with many others, has my respect.
His wealth of knowledge has been a huge asset to us all.

Doesn’t suffer fools gladly and would challenge unsound information from posters in a direct manner.
Again, a huge benefit for members, who otherwise were in danger as taking this ill-informed, erroneous info. as gospel.

Sadly, the powers that be had to manage conflicts between a gifted engineer and someone repeatedly posting nonsense in the technical forum.
Unfortunately, support for the latter was decided.

In my opinion, they got it badly wrong……

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2021, 11:46   #17
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
A talented engineer, who with many others, has my respect.

His wealth of knowledge has been a huge asset to us all.

Doesn’t suffer fools gladly and would challenge unsound information from posters in a direct manner.

Again, a huge benefit for members, who otherwise were in danger as taking this ill-informed, erroneous info. as gospel.

Sadly, the powers that be had to manage conflicts between a gifted engineer and someone repeatedly posting nonsense in the technical forum.

Unfortunately, support for the latter was decided.

In my opinion, they got it badly wrong……

In my opinion, they got it badly wrong

Your not the only one thinking this Bob 😉

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2021, 15:35   #18
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

Dear All,
I guess I'm as confused as others as to the current position with Brian and the forum.

After his years of offering almost unlimited help to all of us, I appreciate there was the falling out and he disappeared from here for a while. Recently he came back in a lesser way [purely in terms of numbers of posts not help]. Has there been another issue which has meant he's gone again and not posting? Could someone confirm please?

I'm pleased he is still offering hands on help to members "local" to him who have problems: very unusual in this ever more self focussing world.
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2021, 15:51   #19
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Brian is without doubt one of life's great gentlemen, a man whose heart is as big as his knowledge is deep.

I can't count the number of times he has helped, supported, advised, fixed or otherwise been there for me when I needed him and on most, if not all occasions, he went above and beyond to see me right.

Between him, Dissy (who used to frequent these boards) and Trikey (another absolute total legend) I was / am always mobile and never stuck for a repair, fix, mod or improvement. They made / make owning a 75 / MG feel so much more like being part of the family. It's one of the reasons I came back to 75 ownership.

I'm actually popping across tomorrow to see him, as yet again, he is helping me (though on this occasion it's more a cosmetic issue), he never stops!
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2021, 16:06   #20
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo65 View Post
In my opinion, they got it badly wrong

Your not the only one thinking this Bob ��

I doubt the three of us will be the only ones Rich and Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedTeeTee View Post
Brian is without doubt one of life's great gentlemen, a man whose heart is as big as his knowledge is deep.

I can't count the number of times he has helped, supported, advised, fixed or otherwise been there for me when I needed him and on most, if not all occasions, he went above and beyond to see me right.

Between him, Dissy (who used to frequent these boards) and Trikey (another absolute total legend) I was / am always mobile and never stuck for a repair, fix, mod or improvement. They made / make owning a 75 / MG feel so much more like being part of the family. It's one of the reasons I came back to 75 ownership.

I'm actually popping across tomorrow to see him, as yet again, he is helping me (though on this occasion it's more a cosmetic issue), he never stops!
Ditto Chris and well said. I am no longer a 75 owner but thankfully I am only a 15 minute drive from Brian and have his contact number so can still keep in contact with him as a friend. Like Chris has said I lost count the amount of times Brian helped me out,I recall one occasion I contacted him about a problem with my last 75, 15 minutes later he was at the door with T4 in hand and it was well after 10pm when he left, vowing to return in a few days with a solution to the problem. True to his word he did,I was working late that night,being away on a coach job. Whilst on the phone to my wife she went to answer the door and was gone a while,when she came back she told me Brian was there fixing the car. He does it because he enjoys helping people, wants to keep the cars on the road and out of the scrapyard and because he can. Few and far between are people like Bri.:

Last edited by RPWC; 16th March 2021 at 16:25..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote