Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th June 2020, 23:57   #11
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Flexible shaft (or drive shaft)

Possible SOURCE that is for a 120, but the parts list for the 100 is the SAME part number, and unfortunately it does list it as 'contact us'. They may be able to offer a suitable alternative.

There is a company that makes these types of shafts, however I have heard them to be very expensive. But I cannot find who it was. I recall it was on Project Binky related to THIS part of their project.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2020, 07:30   #12
Atlan
Avid contributor

rover 75

Fire in to this, probably your best bet and cheapest also, 12 hours left
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124232040476
Old 27th June 2020, 10:53   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlan View Post
Fire in to this, probably your best bet and cheapest also, 12 hours left
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124232040476
thank you I had deliberated over that but got put off by security marked and no return.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2020, 13:29   #14
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
thank you I had deliberated over that but got put off by security marked and no return.

macafee2
Why? Security marked is to protect the seller from being defrauded (buyers return their own faulty item to claim it was faulty).

The no return is a little bit of a concern, however, at these prices it is hardly worth returning, especially in your case, where you could make one from both if the replacement turned to be faulty. But as it is advertised as 'good working order' and it arrives faulty, you can raise a case against the seller with eBay, stating that it is not as described (personally I am not sure I would if I could use it as spares, due to the likely costs involved - less than a tenner)

Just looking at it though, and I appreciate the principles involved regarding your old one. I imagine you probably have one already, but Lidl do a battery multi tool with a sander attachment similar to your Bosch one (and it is very good). If I recall it is around £40 incl battery and charger. The Bosch online delivered is going to be a tenner. A tenner for an at least 30 year old tool, that may have been lying gathering dust somewhere, deteriorating as it ages. That is a quarter of the cost of the new one with the 3 year guarantee.

I still havent forgotten your principles of mend rather than dump, but this is also a multi tool. I have used it recently as a hacksaw for cutting a small screw, for removing lamp brackets on an old bumper, as well as a sander on the stairs and an outside bench. I already have a corded B and D mouse sander, which is not as powerful or controllable as the Lidl multi tool, but has a larger surface so they balance themselves out in terms of ability. But it is cordless, so I can whip it out, and get to work, without having to get the extension cord unravelled and tidy after lol. I always wanted a multi tool since seeing one advertised on a late night TV channel years ago. A joiner used it to cut the bottom of an architrave to fit a wooden floor more neatly. I have to say it is brilliant. It is just my thinking I use, when I consider a new tool to replace a faulty one.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote