Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd October 2016, 21:03   #321
Blankers
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

I've had a quick play, and the user interface is brilliant, the audio controls and layout are superb. Sound quality and radio reception is even better than the 7010B model.

Glad you've got sound on yours. I'm still waiting for my replacement
Blankers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 21:13   #322
fega72
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Nice job Wes!
Please let me know if you managed to install the Rover boot logo

ps: Do you really like the user interface?
fega72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 21:35   #323
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

To those who have bought and fitted the GPS model, where are you locating the GPS aerial ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankers View Post
Glad you've got sound on yours. I'm still waiting for my replacement
If you push-in the on/off/volume wheel it 'Mutes' the sound, it maybe worth your while plugging yours back in and pushing the knob a few times to make sure your sounds not on mute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fega72 View Post
Nice job Wes!
Please let me know if you managed to install the Rover boot logo

ps: Do you really like the user interface?
I've just had a quick play, but cannot find any option to use image/photo as wallpaper, only the 4 pre-installed wallpapers.

Yes, I quite like the user interface, the audio set-up is cool.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9 600x450.JPG (94.8 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by Dallas; 3rd October 2016 at 22:13..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 06:29   #324
MDMH757
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

When I get time to install mine is there something I should be doing with the orange & brown wires? do they needed to be connected to corresponding wires on a donor ISO
MDMH757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 11:44   #325
Mothman
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Club SE

[QUOTE=Dallas;2374809]
Quote:
To those who have bought and fitted the GPS model, where are you locating the GPS aerial ?
There is a metal bar runs behind the dashboard near the top, the GPS aerials are magnetic and hold well.

Quote:
I've just had a quick play, but cannot find any option to use image/photo as wallpaper, only the 4 pre-installed wallpapers.
Not managed to solve this yet either.

Initial research seems to suggest that many of these Chinese noname WinCe units have two sides to the board (or maybe 2 boards) one part runs WinCE which controls the GPS software and a Chinese side which controls the media player & radio software etc. There were some patches available on the net that would unlock the WinCE software to give you a mobile desktop but these no longer seem to be in development.

There is also a media player within the iGO Primo software but your music files need to be on the same SD card as the GPS software. I had a little play with this but I didn't think sound quality was as good as the main card player.

Last edited by Mothman; 4th October 2016 at 11:46..
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 15:29   #326
Dallas
This is my second home

Lol you will not believe this absolutely ridiculous, what a total waste of my time and effort.

Both my units are faulty, yep! both of them. I have spent the last couple of hours taking out the 7010B non GPS models from SWMBO Galaxy and my ZT, so I could finish fitting the 7021G GPS models.

I had finally finished and was setting each unit up and found the Bluetooth was not working on one unit, when selecting the app I get a black screen and then the unit goes bang and switches off and then restarts. It continues to do this on a loop, restarts goes bang and switches off (reset does not work).

The second unit failed to turn on, eventually it did after a few attempts and then turned itself back off, has not worked since. Plus! the GPS map SD card that comes already pre-installed in the unit is STUCK in the slot, you cannot take it out.

I have just opened two ebay case's, it will be interesting to see what the sellers response is going to be. I have now got to take out both units from each car, either put back the non GPS models, or wait till I buy replacements.

I would advise other members who have bought one to check all functions, such as Bluetooth, both SD card slots, even the front USB slot and the 3.5mm AUX input.

Last edited by Dallas; 4th October 2016 at 15:32..
Old 4th October 2016, 18:16   #327
fega72
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Lol you will not believe this absolutely ridiculous, what a total waste of my time and effort.

Both my units are faulty, yep! both of them. I have spent the last couple of hours taking out the 7010B non GPS models from SWMBO Galaxy and my ZT, so I could finish fitting the 7021G GPS models.

I had finally finished and was setting each unit up and found the Bluetooth was not working on one unit, when selecting the app I get a black screen and then the unit goes bang and switches off and then restarts. It continues to do this on a loop, restarts goes bang and switches off (reset does not work).

The second unit failed to turn on, eventually it did after a few attempts and then turned itself back off, has not worked since. Plus! the GPS map SD card that comes already pre-installed in the unit is STUCK in the slot, you cannot take it out.

I have just opened two ebay case's, it will be interesting to see what the sellers response is going to be. I have now got to take out both units from each car, either put back the non GPS models, or wait till I buy replacements.

I would advise other members who have bought one to check all functions, such as Bluetooth, both SD card slots, even the front USB slot and the 3.5mm AUX input.
Ugh that's :banged:
The only hardware error I find on my 7021g is the USB socket won't charge the iPhone. But fully working with a pen drive.
fega72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 19:51   #328
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

After reading all this I have come to the conclusion that it is not worth the hassle for me so I will buy the Western Europe upgrade maps from Garmin and use my small garmin unit and probably remove the Harmony unit and fit a single din unit like the Sony DSX 2-100 so can use a memory stick with LOT's of music on it. Have one of these in my MGF and it's a good unit.
Old 4th October 2016, 20:54   #329
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plezier View Post
After reading all this I have come to the conclusion that it is not worth the hassle for me so I will buy the Western Europe upgrade maps from Garmin and use my small garmin unit and probably remove the Harmony unit and fit a single din unit like the Sony DSX 2-100 so can use a memory stick with LOT's of music on it. Have one of these in my MGF and it's a good unit.
Why give up? nothing is a problem unless you let it be. Retail isn't a conspiracy against the consumer, we are all protected under consumer law. I dont understand why people get frightened, just follow the correct procedures if anything goes wrong.

Product quality is a big issue with anything you buy these days, even the big name brands are suffering quality issues more than ever before. Manufactures are pushed with demands from the consumer, customers want low low prices, this then brings low quality products.

I'm not disheartened even though I've received two faulty units, I quite enjoy the chase. The £30 non GPS 7010B models I bought back in April are still working just fine, looking through ebay I can see hundreds/thousands have been sold.
Old 4th October 2016, 21:40   #330
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

I don't have the time nor money to waste on this. There are other more pressing things to do. Especially as over half the features on these DD units would be of no interest or use to me updatign the Garmin will handle the navigation and replacing the Harmony with the Sony unit will sort out the music side.