Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th September 2016, 21:37   #281
Mothman
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi90 View Post
My gps also shows the incorrect time and doesnt match the h/unit time so thats a wee bit odd.
I've just turned all sound off on iGo to bypass the sound issue. Not ideal, but does the job.
Re the unit dimming when you turn the lights on, its supposed to do that. If you want to disable it just snip and insulate the wire on the loom.
Thought the screen dimming was probably intentional for night driving, it's just a little extreme when done in daylight hours.

Just pondering whether the time issue may be a time zone problem which you can't change in the settings, as I've a feeling the minutes may read correctly on my unit. Will have a play tomorrow setting the time to 7 or 8 hours earlier and see what happens.
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 01:23   #282
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Or if you touch the dim icon it'll go back to normal brightness.

Headlights OFF
1 press = dimmed screen
2 press = black screen
3 press = reverts back to full brightness

Bit of a pain in the butt if you run with your lights on during the day and as I said the only way to stop it is to snip the wire. But then the unit will stay full brightness at nightime unless you manually dim the screen.
Old 26th September 2016, 08:36   #283
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
Thought the screen dimming was probably intentional for night driving, it's just a little extreme when done in daylight hours.

Just pondering whether the time issue may be a time zone problem which you can't change in the settings, as I've a feeling the minutes may read correctly on my unit. .
Not sure why the headlights would effect the screen dimming, I'm sure these units dont have any controlled illumination to match with the cars activity. The only function for screen dimming is controlled with the on-board screen icon at top right of screen.

If your minutes are correct, then it has to be time zone setting. Does the unit have a separate GPS clock built into the GPS WinCE software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Hi Clive
Something is telling me I will end up with another 7010B non GPS model, seems the seller is selling the GPS unit cheaper than the non GPS model.

... or unless its a promotion to get new trade.
Lol, I've just received an email from the seller of the £46 (now £65) GPS units, with an explanation of a miss-price and an offer of a refund. The funny thing is... I've had a dispatch notification.

Last edited by Dallas; 26th September 2016 at 09:36..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 11:10   #284
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Theres an illumination wire on the gps units loom, no idea about the non gps version
Old 26th September 2016, 11:16   #285
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Theres an illumination wire on the gps units loom, no idea about the non gps version
That would explain things then, where have you connected this wire, is there a corresponding wire in the BMW plug/loom?
Old 26th September 2016, 11:40   #286
Mothman
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Club SE

Quote:
Or if you touch the dim icon it'll go back to normal brightness.

Headlights OFF
1 press = dimmed screen
2 press = black screen
3 press = reverts back to full brightness

Bit of a pain in the butt if you run with your lights on during the day and as I said the only way to stop it is to snip the wire. But then the unit will stay full brightness at nightime unless you manually dim the screen.
Thanks, must admit I had forgotten about the on screen brightness icon

Quote:
If your minutes are correct, then it has to be time zone setting. Does the unit have a separate GPS clock built into the GPS WinCE software?
GPS screen clock shows the correct time , you just need to tick\untick the setting for DST as appropriate, assume iGO software must get this time from the satellite. I will run some tests this week on the other clock and report back with the findings.
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 12:37   #287
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Quote:
That would explain things then, where have you connected this wire, is there a corresponding wire in the BMW plug/loom?
mines fitted in a nissan navara which has a light feed in the original loom.
Old 26th September 2016, 13:29   #288
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:

Lol, I've just received an email from the seller of the £46 (now £65) GPS units, with an explanation of a miss-price and an offer of a refund. The funny thing is... I've had a dispatch notification.
Hope you get them Wes!

Pleased with mine - well as much as I can be in that it is still in its box!

Have orderred all the other bits you list and look forward to getting started on the trimming of the surround. The rest of it looks mainly "plug and play" - the only confusing bit seems to be the SWC connection.

The RVC is on its way as well - again followed your lead Wes with the chrome one with the single hole fitment. Will have to check out where is the best place on a Tourer.

Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 14:50   #289
MDMH757
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Lol, I've just received an email from the seller of the £46 (now £65) GPS units, with an explanation of a miss-price and an offer of a refund. The funny thing is... I've had a dispatch notification. [/QUOTE]

Hi Gents,

I ordered one of these GPS units after seeing the link Dallas added the other day, got it at £46.78 too before the price hike!!!

I have received a dispatch notification saying its on its way.... as yet not received an email offering a refund...... will keep you all posted if I do...

Cheers

Maurice
MDMH757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 15:30   #290
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMH757 View Post
Hi Gents,

I ordered one of these GPS units after seeing the link Dallas added the other day, got it at £46.78 too before the price hike!!!

I have received a dispatch notification saying its on its way.... as yet not received an email offering a refund...... will keep you all posted if I do...

Cheers

Maurice

The cheap £46.78 GPS China seller maybe upto no good.

There were 3 sold at the £46.78 price, my two and your one. I received two dispatch emails for each item the following day after payment sent, but no tracking numbers. I emailed the seller asking for tracking number, and this morning I had the reply of can only issue refund.

Why would the seller notify that the item has been dispatched, and then refund after being ask for tracking numbers ?
Answer, they had no intention of sending the goods in the first place.

I could be wrong, but it seems very strange.

Last edited by Dallas; 26th September 2016 at 15:33..