Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th October 2014, 19:59   #1
ninaandphil
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Default fault code 1260

OK... moving on from todays earlier threads, my ZT diesel is refusing to start.... had battery on charge although not overnight, but it's showing a decent output. So called out mobile repair chap through car insurance. He put in his diagnostic tester and got code P1260.
Now on his machine it read as a problem with the high pressure fuel pump, not letting fuel through? But on this forum the code reads as theft detected, vehicle immobilised... both front and rear fuel pumps appear to be running, but I guess no fuel getting through....
Anyone know if this is the immobiliser preventing fuel from getting through, and if so, how do I get it fixed??? Or do I have a high pressure fuel pump failure???
ninaandphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 20:08   #2
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninaandphil View Post
OK... moving on from todays earlier threads, my ZT diesel is refusing to start.... had battery on charge although not overnight, but it's showing a decent output. So called out mobile repair chap through car insurance. He put in his diagnostic tester and got code P1260.
Now on his machine it read as a problem with the high pressure fuel pump, not letting fuel through? But on this forum the code reads as theft detected, vehicle immobilised... both front and rear fuel pumps appear to be running, but I guess no fuel getting through....
Anyone know if this is the immobiliser preventing fuel from getting through, and if so, how do I get it fixed??? Or do I have a high pressure fuel pump failure???
if it sounds like the pumps are running then an immobiliser activation scenario seems to make sense.... may be a T4 job, ??
Old 5th October 2014, 20:58   #3
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Possibly a bit too late but have a read:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=106447
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2014, 09:37   #4
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

The fault code P1260 = Pre-delivery pressure monitoring.
This basically means the low fuel pressure had not reached the minimum pressure required when you tried to start the engine.

This can be caused by faulty in tank and/or under bonnet pump or it can also be generated if you try to start the engine after the pumps have stopped priming and the pressure has dropped out.
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2014, 11:13   #5
ninaandphil
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Thanks Phil, I've had to get the car taken away to a garage, I'm pretty sure it is a fuel pump issue, and I'm hoping it's the under bonnet one...( fingers crossed ) waiting for a call!
regards
Phil
ninaandphil is offline   Reply With Quote