Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th April 2013, 19:30   #1
thegreatdaddo
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Torque pro for windows 7 laptop

Is it possible to download and use android Torque Pro on a Windows 7 laptop? I have an ELM327 unit that plugs into my R75's diagnostic socket and have connected it successfully to the laptop via bluetooth. But the disc I got with the ELM just has trial versions of car scan software with most features disabled. If it is not possible to use Torque Pro, can anyone recommend a good Windows obd software? I have an idiot phone at the moment, so another option would be to upgrade to a smart phone and get Torque Pro on that. Any recommendations for a suitable smart phone? I am thinking of a big screen that I could see easily while driving.
thegreatdaddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 19:57   #2
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

You cant use android apps on a PC, although there is an virtual environment that works some of the time. Its fiddly and may not work with external hardware though. Not worth the effort. There are windows OBD programs, but most are ugly.

For a phone id recommend the Galaxy S3, its a year old now, so being replaced in a week or two. That means it will be cheap, but its still a very good phone with a good sized screen. If you want bigger try the Galaxy Note 2. Not quite so cheap, but the extra screen space is appreciated by many.