Notices

Old 13th August 2017, 21:00   #181
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
This is a song based on a song called "Don't bring me down" by ELO Wasting my Time
Who is your singer Stu. It sounds more like electro Joy Division.
A female singer like Sia out of Zero7 would work a treat on some of your tracks

I have to say "Why Do You Care (Rock)" music and voice is excellent. Very 'indie' which ticks my boxes. I have saved it to my favourites (any chance of a signed copy)

You'll have fun auditioning up and coming session singers

Last edited by Jay; 13th August 2017 at 21:30..
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 15:29   #182
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default New scores

So I unleashed myself on the microphone (poor thing probably didn't know what hit it!), and made three songs. Ones called "You're a liar" (Below), the other is a remake of "Walking in the air" which I figure if I start practicing now it might be ready for christmas! (but to fair it's not sounding toO bad). The other one I released the other day was called "Love of the Century", which was loosely based on Rocket man by Elton John, and has me doing all piano works.

I know the singing on some of my releases have have been suspect but after years of practicing I'm starting to sound fairly good. I'm about to start professional vocal lessons to see how hone my voice.

And yes on every song I do all the vocals myself, I need to still find a suitable singer to do instead, but thats a work in progress!

and then there's "Errica", which is a rock song, which I made last year and have re-recorded it with new equipment, sounds good but sounds like it was recorded with a potato, mainly because of the distortion on my vocals.

Old 15th August 2017, 15:32   #183
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Who is your singer Stu. It sounds more like electro Joy Division.
A female singer like Sia out of Zero7 would work a treat on some of your tracks

I have to say "Why Do You Care (Rock)" music and voice is excellent. Very 'indie' which ticks my boxes. I have saved it to my favourites (any chance of a signed copy)

You'll have fun auditioning up and coming session singers
I'm unfortunately a one man act, so do the vocals myself. Unfortunately some of my vocal work is questionable, but it has potential. I'm currently in the process of working with some guy which will do singing on some of my compositions. Wish I knew a lady singer, but that might be a potential thing to look into in the future!
Old 15th August 2017, 17:53   #184
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default Ah nearly forgot

I love 12" records and there subsequent long mixes, I.E: The Power of Love by Frankie goes to Hollywood, Bronski beat Small town boy, Donna Summer I feel Love by Giorgio Moroder Disco mix.

So I took my favourite song which is a song made two years ago called "that 80's song", which was repurposed last year into a song called "Freedom". I've played live many times now and is firm crowd pleaser! So I decided to make a extended mix, which is the "Freedom 12" mix". The synthesis was based off of Sinead o'Connor's Nothing Compares to you. I think it turned out really well! very 80's sound which is verging on New Wave tracks of that era.

Edit and Update: I'm now in the process of releasing my best work for the last three months including songs that have done really well so far in the public domain. As usual when it comes available, it will be on Spotify, Amazon, possibly iTunes (but I have has some issues getting all fifteen albums on the infamous Apple website!) There's some really good off the wall and completely original work on there and I think its going to go down really well with the general public. Its a compilation album of rock, Industrial, Dance, Downtempo, New Wave, Synth Wave and my own fusion genres.

Last edited by maxxpump; 15th August 2017 at 23:27.. Reason: Adding my fifteenth album release info!
maxxpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 14:18   #185
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default New vocal tracks, and album update.

New tracks

"You're a Liar" This is a vocal track based on the classical track Cannon in D.

"Happy (When you leave me)" this is based on Gary Numan's tracks and is one of the singles from my new album "Exedist sings".

"Pathetic Creature" which is another dystopian style electronica track.

"Concept part 4", which is a new deep dance track.

"Wednesday morning 6am (why can't I get too sleep)"

I've just brought out two albums, "Exedist Sings" and "Heartless" (which I redid)
Old 19th August 2017, 09:40   #186
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

So I rented out a Roland FR-7 Digital Accordion and I made this, this morning! Garden Party
Old 19th August 2017, 17:48   #187
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

This me doing a Cover on accordion and singing opera style singing!
Old 20th August 2017, 14:05   #188
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default New songs as of this morning...

New tracks I made this morning one Trance track and one Accordion song with opera style deep vocals.

The dance song is a remix of a friends orginal track he had made in '06, which is called "The Vortex 2017 Remix", this i played in everything live, and is a very powerful Dance and Trance track. Its extremely complex and is possibly is the best Electronic Dance track I've done this year, and I've really the bar with this one! I might send in the instrumental as a demo to a Electronic music label...

The Accordion, operatic song is inspired by the songs of the band "Beirut" and I played this in live, chopped and then layered in other instruments and vocals. I think it's a good track, but I still need practice on the chorus vocals.
"Shining in the Moonlight"

Here is a cover of "All I Ask of You", this is opera style...needs a bit of a practice...

Last edited by maxxpump; 20th August 2017 at 17:49..
maxxpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 14:30   #189
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default Just been been focusing on live work now...

All this morning from about five o'clock onwards I've been recording old accordion tracks like Jigs and rounds. All my original works, and I just want to share what I remade this morning as again its not bad or anything! These tracks are acoustic using piano, accordion and vocals, apart from the new track which is called "Space Fantasy" which I have released before, but my vocals were heavily autotuned, some people liked the effect but I always wanted to redo it with vocal harmonies, which I did perfectly this morning. This the first song I did this morning, "Space Fantasy '17"

The rest are on Accordion, and have me doing my slightly operatic style vocals which I'm starting to be very happy with in general! I redid a very popular track on accordion from last year called "Chamberlain" which is here if you want to listen to it: "Chamberlain '17" I recorded everything live and it turned out really well I think!

There's this brand new accordion song I composed this morning! which is called "life on Newgrounds"

There was a track I composed last year called "When the (sic) doesn't work" this how now got new lyrics and singing, "When Life Doesn't Work (All these things)"

Lastly a track called "I'm Fading Away"
and it's currently just released as a practice track and has had really good reviews!
Old 24th April 2018, 17:13   #190
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default A new track which is called "Time Goes on"

This is a song which I produced just after Christmas, which I practiced the vocals a lot and it is nearly one of my favourite songs I have ever produced! The song can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koKg...ature=youtu.be

I had it professionally recorded and if you like it the song can be downloaded from here:https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/788035