Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2024, 15:56   #141
Pim
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Hi guys,

Thomas and I planned to come over from the Netherlands but just for only the Sunday that is a bit too much.
So we cancelled our trip; such a shame.

Pim

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi Club - 620.000 km (387.500 miles)
Rover Streetwise 1.8 CVT - 100.000 km (62.500 miles)
Rover 220 Coupé - 250.000 km (156.000 miles)
Pim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2024, 15:57   #142
JJay
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
Well I'm glad we still have the Sunday event happening at Gaydon, but given how far I come from and with ferry and hotels already booked, I now need to find something else to do on Saturday...
Like yourself and others i've booked hotels and was travelling down on Friday.
Have you ever been to Coventry Transport museum?
JJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2024, 18:50   #143
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

POL cancelled is bad news, but I’ll still go to Gayton on Sunday.
Old 4th April 2024, 19:04   #144
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
... I now need to find something else to do on Saturday...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay View Post
Have you ever been to Coventry Transport museum?
I visited the Coventry Transport Museum years ago and it was excellent, particularly the presentation featuring the car holding the land speed record at the time.

If you prefer to be closer to Gaydon for Sunday, I highly recommend a tour of the Cotswolds if you haven't done it already. Chipping Campden, Broadway, Bourton on the Hill, Stow on the Wold and Moreton in Marsh are all delightful provided it isn't raining!

Simon
Old 4th April 2024, 19:20   #145
daveconnolly
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Disappointed but these things happen. I have booked a air b&b for Sat night ..so as I'm coming from the North east may do a detour on Saturday and call in to the Crich tram museum on way down as haven't been there yet. Or maybe the great British car journey at Ambergate. .the Coventry motor museum is well worth calling in as it's just up the road from Gaydon and that would fill Saturday in. I was there last year. The other place in the area .if you can get booked in is the Morgan factory tour ..idid both of these last year. The morgan factory is well worth it..hope this helps if anyone has booked hotels to fill in Saturday. Looking forward to Gaydon on Sunday. Is anyone else going from the North East. Maybe meet up early sat morning and go down together
daveconnolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2024, 21:54   #146
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Hello Paul and everyone,

Very disappointing about Pride of Longbridge's cancellation - but given the state of the water table everywhere, not a surprise. I drove past Worcestershire County Cricket ground on Saturday and it was a lake!

I couldn't have made both days so my decision has been much easier of course - please add me to the list for Gaydon��. It will be my first time back there since my first-ever national meet in 2010 - so, very much looking forward to seeing everyone - it will be the exact 24th anniversary of Zircon's registration!

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2024, 22:19   #147
EELightning

For those looking for something to do on the Saturday, the Rover 120 and MG 100 anniversary clubs have organised an event with the Great British Car Journey.

https://facebook.com/events/s/longsh...4879102185518/
EELightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2024, 06:03   #148
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
Hi guys,

Thomas and I planned to come over from the Netherlands but just for only the Sunday that is a bit too much.
So we cancelled our trip; such a shame.

Pim
The cancellation of PoL on Saturday is indeed a great shame, and we totally understand your decision Pim. Thanks for letting us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
Hello Paul and everyone,

Very disappointing about Pride of Longbridge's cancellation - but given the state of the water table everywhere, not a surprise. I drove past Worcestershire County Cricket ground on Saturday and it was a lake!

I couldn't have made both days so my decision has been much easier of course - please add me to the list for Gaydon��. It will be my first time back there since my first-ever national meet in 2010 - so, very much looking forward to seeing everyone - it will be the exact 24th anniversary of Zircon's registration!

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon
Hi Nicolas, I know you love doing the Cowley Convoy to PoL and it’s sad news that the Saturday has had to be called off due to the weather’s effect on Cofton Park, but I look forward to catching up with you at the National on Sunday. Again thanks for letting us know you’re coming

Attendance list now updated and PoL list removed.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2024, 07:20   #149
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

POL is a great shame but we have had a lot of rain in the midlands of late . i hope Bev will be ok to bring our 75 to Gaydon, if not we will bring our ZS .. either way i won't be driving as just after a operation .. i'm about 40/45 mins from Gaydon

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2024, 08:29   #150
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
The cancellation of PoL on Saturday is indeed a great shame, and we totally understand your decision Pim. Thanks for letting us know.

Hi Nicolas, I know you love doing the Cowley Convoy to PoL and it’s sad news that the Saturday has had to be called off due to the weather’s effect on Cofton Park, but I look forward to catching up with you at the National on Sunday. Again thanks for letting us know you’re coming

Attendance list now updated and PoL list removed.
Hi Paul, Thank you so much - it will be great to catch up with you too. The chance to say hello to to Richard Woolley would be great too!
In fact, Tanya Field wasn't able to arrange a Cowley Convoy this year - may be something to look forward to in a drier year����.

Last edited by Zircon; 5th April 2024 at 21:15.. Reason: spelling!
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote