Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th November 2006, 16:01   #1
Nomis
Loves to post

micra

Default Synergy fitted today.

I got my Synergy from Ron this morning just as promised and I fitted it today along with doing the air intake mod.

I have the maf section connected up also but it is not needed as the maf is new and just made lots of smoke when turned on. I am future proof with the cheaper maf when needed now though.

All I can say is Wow as it makes a big difference. It will wheel spin in the dry with an auto box if I floor it from junctions but still feels normal when driving sedately apart from it moving up the gears quicker so hopefully it will improove my 32 mpg that I am currently getting.

I also ordered a replacement K&N filter as the one on it now looks like it has been there a while and is black, so it may improove even more and maybe that is one reason for poor mpg as I was always told the air filter is the first place to look when you have poor mpg.

I will also me doing the spring mod in the morning if it is dry.

Not gonna bother with the de-cat until the exhaust need attention. All I want now is a set of bigger alloys as the 15 inch dont do her justice in my opinion. And maybe do trafficmaster.

God I love my 75

Simon.
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2006, 17:35   #2
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads

MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

Talking

I fitted mine a few weeks ago. Also got a K&N filter coming Monday. Being fik here, what air intake mod?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2006, 17:43   #3
Nomis
Loves to post

micra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I fitted mine a few weeks ago. Also got a K&N filter coming Monday. Being fik here, what air intake mod?
http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=124932

There you go fikko
Old 18th November 2006, 18:21   #4
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads

MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by waj View Post

Nice one Waj. fikko no more. Air inlet engineer now. Was poddering on it when fitting the synergy kit but wanted to see the difference without any other modifications. I'll put the filter on next week and play around with the inlet.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2006, 18:27   #5
Nomis
Loves to post

micra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Nice one Waj. fikko no more. Air inlet engineer now. Was poddering on it when fitting the synergy kit but wanted to see the difference without any other modifications. I'll put the filter on next week and play around with the inlet.
No probs.

I just took the whole bottom out of it as seemed the easiest way. Dunno why there are 3 bolts on top to remove it. It just pushed down from them and came out. Some of the designs are laughable, they just do not test them long term it seems.