Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th May 2019, 22:21   #21
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

The words i want to use would get me banned but i have the money eventually so all's well.

Just compare it to the HSBC who told me an account was dormant and i needed to contact them , 30 mins on the phone to confirm details and by the close of play that day the £2.69 was in my none HSBC account that's service

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 15:04   #22
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Good news that you got sorted eventually but it is in no way acceptable that any outfit should be allowed to try to retain with impunity that which is not rightfully theirs and force someone to fight for redress under the tactic of delay and on rules and on terms which are shamefully rigged in the outfit's favour. I see that many others are still in that boat. Click
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2019, 19:24   #23
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I'm now reluctant to run an unchecked credit balance of the sizes that I've accrued in previous years with different suppliers and payg cannot really come quickly enough for me after events in the UK energy market over the last year or so. I've therefore been keeping a close eye on my account with my new supplier, So Energy, and in little more than 3mths with it I've quickly accrued a credit balance of nearly ~ £140. With the warmer months approaching I expect the pace of growth of that credit balance to pick up and while I would not have been unduly worried by building up such a balance in reserve for winter use in previous years that is no longer the case. My trust and confidence is kaput after experiencing the shambles of the so-called guarantees that are attached to running credit balances of any size whatsoever.

I recently contacted my supplier and asked for a review of my account and the best they say they can do is to knock a little off my monthly direct debit and repay £60 of my credit balance. The reduction in the monthly direct debit seems ok to me at least until the next scheduled review but the proposed refund will still leave me with a credit balance of ~ £80. Courtesy of my last supplier, Together Energy, I'm not really happy to run a credit balance of ~ £80 which I think might well still grow despite SOs proposed monthly DD reduction.

Hmm! Decisions, decisions?
Old 30th May 2019, 17:32   #24
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Question

Is this defo a right under OFGEM rules? It is what I would prefer and my supplier has just replied to my request for it with "We can not put you on quarterly payments as we have to bill you every month as per the policy by considering your usage."

I put it to them that I was no longer happy to run a credit balance and requested an immediate refund of all overpayments and to be put on quarterly billing and just to be billed for my usage. They have stuck to their guns on their previous advice stating company policy which is to keep a projected payment (£79) in advance on a monthly basis.
Old 13th August 2019, 15:57   #25
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Another one bites the dust. Solarplicity, another energy supplier, has stopped trading. Reports of 7500 domestic and 500 business customers being affected belie the fact that most of its customers (reportedly 43000) were recently transferred to another supplier after it was banned from taking on any new customers. I really think that it is time for the expenses fiddlers to call time on OFGEM, it is unfit for purpose and urgently needs to be replaced with something that is better run and staffed. It's become a national embarrassment.

Last edited by WillyHeckaslike; 26th October 2019 at 12:36.. Reason: Typo
Old 26th October 2019, 12:34   #26
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Bad news is that Together Energy has dictated that it has trousered my credit balance and is asking for an additional £189.05. So, contrary to what it and OFGEM led people to expect Together Energy is trying to charge £667.18 for 59 days and for the usage I've given.
I took this to the Energy Ombudsman and my case was upheld yesterday. A very scathing rebuke was given to TE by the EO and it has been instructed to conclude the matter using figures given to it and verified by the EO. An apology and a goodwill payment are also to be given to me but I will have to wait a little while yet for closure as TE has been given a couple of weeks to respond to the decision. Should it accept it a further 28 days will be allowed for it to action the matter.
Old 26th October 2019, 13:00   #27
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

This kind of thing has happened to every organisation that once was nationalised and then offered for sale to the money men. National assets have been stripped from the State and scattered world wide with hopelessly scant regard for propriety.

Every time, officials escape and the public pays with no redress. It's not merely money - continuity of supply of vital services and security is being jeopardised and lower standards accepted. We are being hollowed out and becoming a shed.
Old 27th October 2019, 11:46   #28
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

It is worrying for those who are aware of these matters Wraymond. The service in question really is an essential one on which many depend and take for granted. Indeed I was one of them until I was hit with the reality of a failure and I was then stunned when google revealed to me just how many failures there have been in such a short period of time. One would be bad enough but there have now been 13 failures and that number looks set to rise according to some industry insiders. This at a different time I think would have been a very hot topic for the press and tv with programs like Panorama, World In Action and the various watchdog-type shows taking a keen interest in exposing what is going on. But for a few the silence is deafening and none more so than from our politicians in Westminster. What will it take for this to change?
Old 27th October 2019, 18:18   #29
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Terrible to be on the wrong end of this.

When the utilities were being sold off there was much talk of "market forces" and how that would weed out the bad suppliers and we'd all benefit. Perhaps this is it in action but apparently a bunch more are predicted to fail over the winter and I'm not sure its working out.

Can't help thinking that having a single, public owned, accountable provider is a better way to go.
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote