Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th May 2019, 20:38   #11
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

The odd top up you were doing might easily be the early signs of that hose beginning to fail.

From what you've said you look like you accidently caught the problem just in time and not when doing a motor way dash.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 20:46   #12
first-things-first
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Regarding the leak from the bleed valve. These are usually a plastic screw, whereas the thread in the pipe is brass or similar. It's quite easy to cross thread the screw, so it would be prudent to change the screw as this should sort the leak. Hope this helps one part of your issues.
first-things-first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 21:23   #13
StephenEssex
Loves to post

2000 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur

Its definitely not the bleed screw, its shooting out from a slight seam in the hose where its been double wrapped and eventually found its way out! The bleed screw wouldn't have been touched in years and although I initially thought that when the RAC man said to look closer its shooting onto the bleed screw from this pin hole about 1cm behind it.

I paid 400 quid for it 4 years ago, caught it just in time before the prev owner talked about scrapping it so I can't complain really. My first breakdown in 4 years

Having reflected on everything said, and thank you to everyone who has replied, a new hose, thorough coolant flush and fresh OAT should see it sorted, but I will mention the oil cooler and suggest bypassing for now.
StephenEssex is offline   Reply With Quote