Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th April 2020, 09:19   #21
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Been out cycling quite a bit because I cant use any gyms.
Unfortunately returning home there is a very steep hill involved no matter what rout I take!
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2020, 14:26   #22
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

I usually volunteer at a charity called WorkAid, refurbing donated hand tools, which are sent to startup businesses in West Africa.

So today I sorted through my own toolboxes, realised I had so many duplicates (particularly adjustable spanners, which I hate!), so spent several hours repairing (cannibalising, even) some, just cleaning and lubricating others, ready to take them to the factory when it reopens.
Old 3rd May 2020, 14:35   #23
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Getting problematic by now. Decided to refurb my Strat Plus. Awarded it to myself, entirely unselfishly because I deserved it.

New in '93 and managed to avoid cannibalising it since, it needed looking at with different ears. So complete strip down, new electrics with one or two updates (except the Lace Sensors - still sharp). Frets still within parameters and body gleamingly unmarked.

Funny thing though, it will only play Shadows stuff plus a bit of the entire output of a certain E. Clapton. Odd, that. Must source a later model. Also looking for a proper Watkins Copicat and a Vox AC30, with Alnicos. I hope I never grow up.
Old 3rd May 2020, 19:08   #24
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Getting problematic by now. Decided to refurb my Strat Plus. Awarded it to myself, entirely unselfishly because I deserved it.

New in '93 and managed to avoid cannibalising it since, it needed looking at with different ears. So complete strip down, new electrics with one or two updates (except the Lace Sensors - still sharp). Frets still within parameters and body gleamingly unmarked.

Funny thing though, it will only play Shadows stuff plus a bit of the entire output of a certain E. Clapton. Odd, that. Must source a later model. Also looking for a proper Watkins Copicat and a Vox AC30, with Alnicos. I hope I never grow up.
Quite proud of myself, I understood every word of that post, and could picture each piece of gear. Watkins Copicat.....love it!
Old 3rd May 2020, 20:02   #25
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Painted the kitchen, did some gardening. Wondered what to do to commemorate VE Day (ideally take the army bike for a spin). Watched several episodes of Wings. Watched several episodes of After Life and Normal People with the Better Half. Did some more gardening. I guess its what I expect retirement to be like but with more income and less people.

Wings S1E1
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2020, 22:00   #26
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Repaired a broken tape in an audio cassette.....now intend to refurbish my double cassette deck.

Darned a couple more pairs of socks, sewn up a failing seam on a pair of shorts, put the kettle on, again.

Whilst at work on Monday, Senior Officer whose attendance was not necessary, queried the fact that I was using a monitor that had been reported faulty, so I explained that initial failings normally would need a few checks and I had reseated all the plugs and cables and it had worked fine since then. He, then came in later to ask me to report faulty the water cooler, which I had used two hours previously. Once I had fixed that, again by reseating the power cable, I asked if he could manage to pour the water himself.

Last edited by planenut; 6th May 2020 at 08:47..
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2020, 21:11   #27
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Todays task was a little something for myself. I'd ordered a shed, due for delivery between 10am and 2pm. 10:00 on the dot and the doorbell goes, sheds here!
So I had a go at building it. Its treated timber anyway, but instructions said to paint all surfaces that you wouldn't be able to get to after it's built so I spent a couple of hours doing that, then had about 4 hours to do as much building as I could. And this is what I ended up with:

I'll get as far as I can tomorrow before work, but I've got 16 panes of glass to fit, then the trim around the edge of the roof, and down each corner. After that I'll need to undercoat it all, and then top coat of cream gloss on the shiplap, and red gloss around the roof, down the corners and on the window frames.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2020, 21:45   #28
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

That's not a shed - it's a summerhouse! And jolly nice it looks too.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2020, 11:53   #29
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default Mouse Droppings

I realized that some of the functions of my computer mouse were not reacting efficiently, so today, I serviced my mouse (if you'll excuse the expression).
The rubbish inside it was really surprising, and now it is fully functioning again.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2020, 09:06   #30
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
That's not a shed - it's a summerhouse! And jolly nice it looks too.
Haha, it was described as being a potting shed. However to me, with a bit of imagination, it looks like a signal box, and will house my model railway.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote