Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th April 2019, 13:30   #11
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

the CHRA i linked is produced by Mellet

Mellet - "Our growing range of replacement CHRA / Core Assemblies are all assembled and VSR balanced in our in-house fully equipped UK Core Production Facility. ALL Melett CHRA / Core Assemblies are made in our UK facility, from Melett parts only."

Mellet - i'm sure are trade only, so we can't (well I can't) buy from them direct - they supply the Turbo refurb Guys

I know nothing of "Turbo Rebuild Limited" - £123 inc delivery for a Quality replacement Core - i'd take the punt

the cheap stuff is cheap for a reason - and I wouldn't take that punt - If i was to fit a New Turbo or replacement Core i'd expect/hope to get at least 100k miles from the new part.

Stay away from cheap knockoffs - I'd rather fit a used complete Original Garrett Turbo from a breakers yard if Money is tight (Less of a Gamble) ........or I'd wait til I can afford to do it Properly

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2019, 14:28   #12
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Okay, I've just had a chat to Melett, their UK rep.. He agrees that due to their size and requirements for testing, they don't sell to the public.
He does suggest......wait for this.....Turbo Rebuild Limited, near Blackpool and states that 99% of their stock is from Melett, unless Melett do not have it.

(turborebuild.co.uk are on 01253799987 and Danny Brown is the contact there.)
so this line can be taken out if I'm not allowed to give these details on this site.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 07:05   #13
zedhed
Posted a thing or two

zt saloon turbo

Can’t complain about my CHRA cartridge.cost £90 odd quid,fitted no problems,came pre balanced and works a treat.👍.i suppose time might tell though,I have still only covered a couple of hundred miles in mine since I completed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2019, 10:13   #14
Cookie2

Zt-t 1.8t

Default Turbo disintegrated

Many thanks all for your replys I got a secondhand one and so far works fine. Zedhed where did you get your cartridge from I'm thinking of fitting one to my old one. Cheers all.
Cookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote