Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th April 2019, 12:59   #1
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Default Oh really? That's interesting......

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...to=1000&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad
LPG giving approx 70 - 80 mpg
I'm not convinced TBH......

It also states it's done 60k, even though the dash quite clearly says 70129.
Old 11th April 2019, 13:30   #2
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...to=1000&page=2

I'm not convinced TBH......

It also states it's done 60k, even though the dash quite clearly says 70129.
It doesn't actually give more MPG. But price wise it would work out similar tom that. LPG round here is 57P a litre. So price wise you can kind of double your MPG.

My 180 auto does around 23MPG on LPG. Running costs are comparable to a petrol running around 45mpg. You don't actually get more MPG but when the fuel is half the cost it does make it more affordable to run .

My 180 actually costs me less to run than my diesel auto did! You do have to change the plugs more often though with decent plugs, like NGK Iridiums.

A 1.8 on LPG would be very cheap to run! I get about 250 miles to £30 of LPG on my 2.5. I feel sorry for the people getting 250 miles to £60 of petrol!
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2019, 15:28   #3
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
It doesn't actually give more MPG. But price wise it would work out similar tom that. LPG round here is 57P a litre. So price wise you can kind of double your MPG.

My 180 auto does around 23MPG on LPG. Running costs are comparable to a petrol running around 45mpg. You don't actually get more MPG but when the fuel is half the cost it does make it more affordable to run .

My 180 actually costs me less to run than my diesel auto did! You do have to change the plugs more often though with decent plugs, like NGK Iridiums.

A 1.8 on LPG would be very cheap to run! I get about 250 miles to £30 of LPG on my 2.5. I feel sorry for the people getting 250 miles to £60 of petrol!
Thanks - as an LPG “fan” I was going to post much the same.

For me - the most attractive thing about LPG was how clean the engine oil stays.

at less than £900 and a low mileage- this would make an ideal urban car - especially as diesels are likely to be banned in towns.

Virtually no particulates from LPG.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2019, 15:31   #4
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Thanks - as an LPG “fan” I was going to post much the same.

For me - the most attractive thing about LPG was how clean the engine oil stays.

For me at less than £900 and a low mileage- this would make an ideal urban car - especially as diesels are likely to be banned in towns.

Virtually no particulates from LPG.
Going to see what the oil is like in the next month or two. Was changed last weekend, but it hadn't been done in a couple years as the car was off the road. So hopefully after the next change it should come out nice and clear.

158K on its original engine. Got some NGK iridiums in and brand new coils all round, no real noticeable performance difference to petrol to be honest. After being sat for a couple of years the MOT test returned 0 for the CO, 0 for the HC and a lambda reading of 1.0. Honestly can't complain about the LPG! Apart from the slight gassy smell you get when you unclip the gun when you've filled up.
Old 11th April 2019, 17:45   #5
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

Quote:

Feel my pain....
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2019, 19:23   #6
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Going to see what the oil is like in the next month or two. Was changed last weekend, but it hadn't been done in a couple years as the car was off the road. So hopefully after the next change it should come out nice and clear.

158K on its original engine. Got some NGK iridiums in and brand new coils all round, no real noticeable performance difference to petrol to be honest. After being sat for a couple of years the MOT test returned 0 for the CO, 0 for the HC and a lambda reading of 1.0. Honestly can't complain about the LPG! Apart from the slight gassy smell you get when you unclip the gun when you've filled up.
Yes - there is that!

I often used to fill up at a calor gas centre and their autogas seemed to have a higher concentration of stenching Agent. It was even noticeable in the exhaust- so I would sometimes see people say “can you smell gas” as I sat idling at traffic lights!!!

Never an issue with forecourt autogas tho’
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2019, 20:58   #7
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I wouldn't buy that based upon the location of the LPG filler......the rear quarter panel has been ruined by a lazy autogas installer.

On my car it's mounted on the towbar, and is ultra discrete, plus you can fill up from any side you wish

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2019, 22:15   #8
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Needs discs pads and brake pipes. Way over priced at that figure
Old 12th April 2019, 10:53   #9
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I wouldn't buy that based upon the location of the LPG filler......the rear quarter panel has been ruined by a lazy autogas installer.

On my car it's mounted on the towbar, and is ultra discrete, plus you can fill up from any side you wish

Brian
They could have at least put it low in the bumper! That rear quarter panel will now probably rot around that filler :O.

But if you wanted to you could low ball them and take the kit off that car and fit it to another 1.8 and relocate the filler somewhere better .
Old 12th April 2019, 15:35   #10
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Oh my days why did the installer fit the filler there?
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote