Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th February 2019, 01:04   #401
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkey View Post
Why delete your posts in this way ??

It doesn't make much sense, about as much sense as not posting for six years, then suddenly popping up on this thread

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 04:58   #402
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I had a look at those links and went back through the blogs about this con man. What came through was his modus operandi. It was the same then in 2010 trading in Canada, as it was in the UK. What also came through from the posts, is his address in Nova Scotia - with several references. In 2010 in Canada, he was reported to the police and FBI. We know from those posts he used different names from which he traded under.

Is there any mileage to be gained from asking one of the OC members in Canada, to report him to Crime Stoppers in Nova Scotia? or will my question/suggestion be mocked as “fanciful”?

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 16th February 2019 at 05:07..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 07:39   #403
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Why delete your posts in this way ??

It doesn't make much sense, about as much sense as not posting for six years, then suddenly popping up on this thread

Brian
Brian,

Rob texted me yesterday and I asked him to post on the forum when I sent him the link for this thread.
I can’t answer on the deleted posts as I didn’t see them.
Maybe they had personal information that shouldn’t be posted?
I’m sure Rob will let us know.

In the meanwhile, it does very much look like Sean/Joe has pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes as to his real identity.
As I considered him a friend and defended him as well it makes me look a complete idiot.

Before this gets messy on here I would suggest those members who have monies owed to them by Sean/Joe get in contact with me via PM or Email and any information can be given that way.
Posting it on here publicly before we know exactly what has gone on is probably not going to help anyone who wishes to seek a legal means to retrieving what is owed to them.

Last edited by coolcat; 16th February 2019 at 08:53.. Reason: added 'with me' for clarity
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 08:20   #404
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Brian,

Rob texted me yesterday and I asked him to post on the forum when I sent him the link for this thread.

In the meanwhile, it does very much look like Sean/Joe has pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes as to his real identity.
As I considered him a friend and defended him as well it makes me look a complete idiot.

Before this gets messy on here I would suggest those members who have monies owed to them by Sean/Joe get in contact via PM or Email and any information can be given that way.
Posting it on here publicly before we know exactly what has gone on is probably not going to help anyone who wishes to seek a legal means to retrieving what is owed to them.
Hello Jeff

PM who?
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 08:52   #405
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr bountyfull View Post
Hello Jeff

PM who?
Err......Me
Old 16th February 2019, 09:05   #406
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Brian,

Before this gets messy on here I would suggest those members who have monies owed to them by Sean/Joe get in contact via PM or Email and any information can be given that way.
Don’t beat yourself up Jeff. Over the years you have done your best to help the members in the OC out. That time several years ago, when I popped round your place and Sean/Joe was on Skype and on speaker, he sounded as though he was “Mr Nice Guy”, he had a deep rich Canadian voice, a smooth talker, he was warm and friendly. The sort you could easily have a laugh over a few drinks. We now know much more, a confidence trickster. It’s a mystery how he selected customers he could satisfy and others, he would let down. He conned all of us by his deception. I can’t type what I really think, but I am sure you get the drift.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 09:22   #407
thedonkey

Rover 75

I found a lot of info.... I posted it where it probably shouldn't have been in public domain... It had his kids etc in the info... I decided that I would make it available but not in public... I will be sharing this with Jeff if anyone does pm him that wants it
thedonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 09:34   #408
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Brian,

Before this gets messy on here I would suggest those members who have monies owed to them by Sean/Joe get in contact with me via PM or Email and any information can be given that way.

Hi Jeff.
I really feel for you, I have been away for a long time and was surprised this thread was still running. I certainly got the wrong end of the stick from some here and apologise for any bad feeling that emanated from me in the past.

Can anything be done now? Personally I doubt it and maybe we should all put it down to experience and move on.

Sadly in life there are bad apples and it looks as if this chap was a bad apple, it unfortunately brings down the good guys and gets peoples back up. Nevertheless it was wrong of me to listen to some that just slated all that were involved, lesson learned for me.

All the best Jeff and hopefully there are no hard feelings.
Old 16th February 2019, 09:50   #409
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

HI Jeff, Rob, Tony.
Maybe you could contact (Tom) Organiser, as he may have some information regarding (radioguy) what ever is name is (Sean/Joe) jimbob etc.

I think though the last time Tom heard off him was over 6/7months ago, therefore he may well be in the same situation as you guys

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 16th February 2019 at 09:54.. Reason: spelling
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 09:51   #410
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi Jeff.
I really feel for you, I have been away for a long time and was surprised this thread was still running. I certainly got the wrong end of the stick from some here and apologise for any bad feeling that emanated from me in the past.

Can anything be done now? Personally I doubt it and maybe we should all put it down to experience and move on.

Sadly in life there are bad apples and it looks as if this chap was a bad apple, it unfortunately brings down the good guys and gets peoples back up. Nevertheless it was wrong of me to listen to some that just slated all that were involved, lesson learned for me.

All the best Jeff and hopefully there are no hard feelings.
Hi Trevor,

Many thanks for that.

Between Rob, Tony and myself we will try our best to help those affected by Sean/Joe's actions.

He has made me look a right wally in defending him and deceived me as a friend.
That is nothing compared to those who have been financially affected though.

I'm gathering info up as we speak (mainly due to the good work of Rob and Tony) and will forward it to the club owners and those that have been left out of pocket.

I will not post what has been dug up on here though for the reasons that Rob has already said.

Lets hope some good comes out of this and at the veery least, he is never able to do this again to anyone.