Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd April 2019, 17:24   #9481
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Drove it to Seahouses, took a pleasant walk along the seafront, then for the first time in three years, I spotted a dog of the same manufacturer as my own

Had an ice cream then drove home.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alfie and indy.jpg (47.2 KB, 86 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2019, 19:36   #9482
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Drove it to Seahouses, took a pleasant walk along the seafront, then for the first time in three years, I spotted a dog of the same manufacturer as my own

Had an ice cream then drove home.

Brian
The last time you spotted one of those it was fish & chips not ice cream
Old 22nd April 2019, 21:02   #9483
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
As Andy says you will have to remove the small chrome trim from around the lock, to do this you have to remove the glass from the door, with the glass removed you need to find the spring clip that holds the chrome part on.

If you try to remove it without pulling the spring clip back you will break the locating lugs, the chrome surround then becomes of no use, once the chrome surround as been removed the door handle will slide out, under the rubber protection you will fine the torx bolt holding the lock to the door be care as 9 times 10 they sheer off.

Once again photo's attached this a got to be the worst job that anyone can undertake on ours cars, having said that there is a member whom comes to the Nano meet (Les) whom as done several and I would say he is the best i have seen do this job.

Remember the photo's attached are just showing the spring with the handle on the car it is a little harder to find so say your hale Mary's first.

The two torx screws that hold the door handle mechanism to the door seemed to be quite heavily corroded on my car (had the chrome handles off for respray work). When the handles are off, would it be a good idea to replace these screws with a stainless steel variant (one at a time)? I've attached pics of the torx screws behind the chrome handle - the paint shop has painted over the top of them but they were quite heavily corroded, so I'm thinking of replacing them when I've got easy access.

Any tips on removing these screws? Would holding a soldering iron tip to the torx screw help heat the screws up to aid removal? I really don't want to shear these things off

Cheers,
Karl.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF7281.jpg (115.9 KB, 30 views)
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2019, 21:08   #9484
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
The two torx screws that hold the door handle mechanism to the door seemed to be quite heavily corroded on my car (had the chrome handles off for respray work). When the handles are off, would it be a good idea to replace these screws with a stainless steel variant (one at a time)? I've attached pics of the torx screws behind the chrome handle - the paint shop has painted over the top of them but they were quite heavily corroded, so I'm thinking of replacing them when I've got easy access.

Any tips on removing these screws? Would holding a soldering iron tip to the torx screw help heat the screws up to aid removal? I really don't want to shear these things off

Cheers,
Karl.
Just go gently.. To make it worse, the threads are coated in Loctite, try and get some penetrating oil in there.
Old 23rd April 2019, 06:53   #9485
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
The last time you spotted one of those it was fish & chips not ice cream
Indeed, the May 2016 Whitby fish n chips run ........

I remember the look on the bloke's face when I Identified the two raggy hounds

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2159.jpg (135.0 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2160.jpg (135.9 KB, 108 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 07:22   #9486
timon
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Yesterday:

Made a 650 miles round trip to Paris. Arrived very early in the morning and parked 500 yards from the Eiffel tower. On the way back about half of the cars on the motorway heading north were from GB. Not a single MG or Rover though.
timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 08:18   #9487
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Gave the NUK a quick wash to get the dust that had covered it over the last 4 days big wash in the middle of the week.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 18:28   #9488
LimoRog
Loves to post

1 MG ZTt 180+ Monogram Caledonian Tourer, 1 LWB,1 Contemporary Tourer,2 Hearses & 3 Six Door Limo's

Yesterday finished the front end , thanks to a neighbour or a parent from the nearby school who decided to reverse into the front denting the metal surround and cracking the premium shaped number plate. Now using a chrome painted fibreglass and vinyl gold on the middle with a mark 1 badge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LimoRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 19:54   #9489
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

Quick wash down to move the Sahara desert to it's new home on my drive rather than on my ZT, then a quick squirt or 10 of Aquawax and a wipe down.

...and another 24 microfibre cloths on order.
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 19:55   #9490
Brunty
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Collected Copperleaf from the garage after having a full re-furb of rear suspension. New Upper and lower arms, bushes together with nuts and bolts courtesy of Matt at DMGRS, already had new springs for MOT a couple of weeks ago, that's when they put an advisory on corrosion of upper arms. Also had sills that were welded last year undersealed, and following advice from Arctic, asked them to cut 15mm from both lower plenum tubes. Both plenums were blocked solid again! Darryl told me that he cleaned as much as he could from plenum tube under brake servo, but the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- may come down to block it again, and although he knew that the spyhole modification had been done, he did the usual and took no end of NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- out of the lower plenum chamber. Now parking car away from home to stop this happening all the time.
Brunty is offline   Reply With Quote