Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th April 2019, 07:59   #11
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

If you can find a supplier of decent quality replacement parts then please let us all know!
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2019, 08:02   #12
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

The electrical components are not an issue, some of the mechanical parts can be tricky to source as quality can vary greatly, but nothing that should really prevent you from enjoying ownership too much

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2019, 13:44   #13
norseman

none at the moment

Thanks to the kind replies I'm now actively looking to purchase a four-door diesel auto to replace our current daily driver, but before making any decisions another question (sorry) I've read that the heating/ventilation system on the 75 is very good but does that accolade also apply to the diesel versions? I've not owned an oil-burner since the 'nineties & I seem to recall they were not as efficient as petrol engine cars, possibly due to a cooler running temp (?)
Thanks again for all the help.

Last edited by norseman; 13th April 2019 at 14:16..
norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2019, 15:33   #14
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

With regards to heating, make sure you get a diesel with a fbh (fuel burning heater) fitted. No problems with heating then. You can also have it operated by your telephone if you like, or just a switch so you can operate it anytime you like to warm up the water.
Old 13th April 2019, 16:16   #15
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

All the difference an FBH does is to reduce the time to get up to operating temperature. Once there you will not notice any difference between a petrol and diesel engine. The temperature is set by the temperature rating of the thermostat.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 10:31   #16
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman View Post
Thanks to the kind replies I'm now actively looking to purchase a four-door diesel auto to replace our current daily driver, but before making any decisions another question (sorry) I've read that the heating/ventilation system on the 75 is very good but does that accolade also apply to the diesel versions? I've not owned an oil-burner since the 'nineties & I seem to recall they were not as efficient as petrol engine cars, possibly due to a cooler running temp (?)
Thanks again for all the help.
I've had two 75 diesels and the heaters / ventilation systems work as effeciently as in any other cars I've ever owned.

Not sure where the thought that they are any worse than other cars might come from.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 11:01   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

The diesel engined cars take roughly three times as long as the K-series petrol engined cars to reach windscreen defrosting temperature during winter. Whether that is an issue will depend on many factors, including what you do to defrost the screen during winter mornings. The way around that in a diesel is to get a car fitted with a working FBH.

It goes without saying (on my part at least) , that buying a car in as good a condition as possible is key. Beyond that, I do not subscribe to the views about Cowley vs Longbridge differences being important. In my view, these cars are now of an age that buying the youngest is far more likely to lead to additional years of driving pleasure than any quality differences at the time of manufacture.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 11:45   #18
RoyalBlue75
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman View Post
Hi folks, my first post will tempt many of you to move on as I'm sure the subject has been well aired, but for those who read on I thank you

I've been seriously thinking of a 75 purchase, so could I pose the following queries please:

Is there a noticeable difference in terms of everyday driving between the CDT & CDTi engines?

Do the reduced build quality (allegations) &/or the accountant's 'pruning' of the car's specification after the face-lift really detract from 75 ownership experience? I've read that the late cars are more like BMW's than Rovers.

nb: with reference to the 'members cars for sale' couldn't the adverts be removed post sale? It's frustrating to click on an ad. & read through all the details, only to find that the cars' been sold. Sorry
Hello Norseman,
I see you live in Chelmsford - are you ever likely to want to drive in to London beyond the boundary of the North Circ Road? If so, you might want to consider the ULEZ compliance of your purchase.
Regards,
Nigel
RoyalBlue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2019, 13:09   #19
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Like others have said, I would look for the best condition wise. This has to be more important than model, colour etc.

I drive a facelift, and love it. True, a lot of nice bits were taken out to save money. They can easily be retro-fitted. Mine has the real walnut dash, cruise control, rear window blind and fuel burning heater.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 18:46   #20
Ray L
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

Norseman

Have a peek at your Personal Messages, it might be of interest to you.

Ray L
Ray L is offline   Reply With Quote