Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th February 2023, 18:06   #11
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon / Rover 75 Tourer / MG ZT-T+ (180)

Default Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbug2 View Post
I saw a post on Facebook about tourers :-) currently thinkung if taking my car . I was just looking if the OC was doing anything
Yes I’m organising the ‘event’ via Facebook & updating on here for non users of social media. Of course you parked next to me at the RoverFest 2022 line of Tourers & it is from this that I had the idea to cluster a group of estates together again within the Rover 75/MG ZT Club stand.

You’d be welcome to join us. I currently have seven estates wishing to park together. Normally I take my saloon to POL but this year I might take both cars & get my dad to drive one. I can tag it in the end of the estate line. Of course the cost of 2x petrol on V6’s is what stopped me in 2022 bringing both.

We will be passing your general direction en route so joining the convoy is also a possibility.
Mattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2023, 18:27   #12
mor75
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T (black Pearl) & Orange MG ZT-T Auto (Grove)

i've got 2 ZT-T's.... if my front spring hold up until POL 2023 then i'll be in Grove... if not i've always got the Black Pearl
mor75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2023, 08:17   #13
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyboy View Post
Yes I’m organising the ‘event’ via Facebook & updating on here for non users of social media. Of course you parked next to me at the RoverFest 2022 line of Tourers & it is from this that I had the idea to cluster a group of estates together again within the Rover 75/MG ZT Club stand.

You’d be welcome to join us. I currently have seven estates wishing to park together. Normally I take my saloon to POL but this year I might take both cars & get my dad to drive one. I can tag it in the end of the estate line. Of course the cost of 2x petrol on V6’s is what stopped me in 2022 bringing both.

We will be passing your general direction en route so joining the convoy is also a possibility.
i think i may well join you in my tourer

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2023, 10:58   #14
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Default Tourers on Tour & ZT-T gathering

For those of you able to access facebook this is the link to the event.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3287...4931307501430/

I will try to keep this updated as well but my primary use is via facebook which I find easier to use. I cannot post pictures on here but will get a Crofton Park map & upload the intended parking destination on the facebook page.

Of course I’d be happy to see Starbug join us.
Old 14th February 2023, 19:50   #15
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

As i have said i will join you so just a question of where and when

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2023, 08:04   #16
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Mattyboy.
I live in Radcliffe on Trent how come we have never met??
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2023, 08:14   #17
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Default Meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Mattyboy.
I live in Radcliffe on Trent how come we have never met??
We have met on several occasions. At the Notts Classic County Show in 2022, the Mid Lincs Rover Show in July 2022 & I’m fairly sure we saw each other at either the BMC Leyland show or POL last year. I had both cars at the Notts show but only my saloon at the rest as it’s the ‘show’ car.

Will you be joining us at POL in April? Eight estates have now said they wish to join us & six of those are convoying in together via the M1 & M69.

Regards, Matty.
Old 15th February 2023, 16:45   #18
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyboy View Post
We have met on several occasions. At the Notts Classic County Show in 2022, the Mid Lincs Rover Show in July 2022 & I’m fairly sure we saw each other at either the BMC Leyland show or POL last year. I had both cars at the Notts show but only my saloon at the rest as it’s the ‘show’ car.

Will you be joining us at POL in April? Eight estates have now said they wish to join us & six of those are convoying in together via the M1 & M69.

Regards, Matty.
Hi Matty,
Humble apologies it must be an age related thing, you may put us down as TBC

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2023, 14:11   #19
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Default Update: Nine estates now & general details.

I’ve had an MG-ZT-T wish to join us from Sheffield via the facebook page. I’ve PM’d him with details of the J28 meet-up/rendezvous if he wishes to come in convoy.

Regarding said meet up I’m leaning towards pulling the times about 30mins earlier otherwise we would be getting to Longbridge late enough to get stuck queuing to get in. So meet for 7:20am to leave about 7:30am. By the time we collect Starbug on the way & allowing that I was going to convoy at 60mph to allow for stranglers to catch back up I think that will give us a 9:15-30am arrival.

I have tried to contact Gemma Cartwright but her email address didn’t work. I wanted to inform her of this little event so those not arriving with us can still be directed towards our location.

To my knowledge this makes eight Tourers & one ZT-T with three more interested cars (one ZT-T & two Tourers). I’m sure this number will drift upwards as we close on the date.

I have written up a one page document explaining the development of the Tourer derived from a 2001 ‘press’ brochure, the James Taylor book & 2001 ‘sales’ brochure. It has a diagram comparing the size & volume of the estate boot capacity with the saloon. This I will laminate & stick in the window. I will print a few extra copies off for those wishing to have one of their own.
Old 25th March 2023, 10:09   #20
Mattyboy
Regular poster

Default Update. Important details further down.

I’ve got ten estates by my count wishing to join now, eight off facebook & two on here. I’m counting seven wishing to convoy in together.

I have messaged & emailed Gemma Cartwright plus tagged her on facebook with no response regarding a number/letter or code to park together. I really don’t think this is necessary based on previous years as it’s more an ad hoc gathering than a car show & people move around, leave for lunch etc anyway.

So…ask for the 75 club then look for the group of Tourers clustered together. I will tell her ‘Tourers on Tour’ on the day for those arriving separately & the seven of us coming on together will leave a couple of spaces in the middle for other estates to join us.

For those convoying via Brewer’s Fayre J28 Southbound of the M1. Meet time is 7:20am for leaving at 7:30am. Six cars are meeting here with a seventh joining via the M69 en route. This gives us ample time to get there and not be separated by the entry traffic.

Route is M1 south to Leicester, M69 SW to Warwick, M40 NW, M42 West into Birmingham (Longbridge) & then A roads to Crofton Park itself. Starbug is joining us on the M69 at Earl Shilton.

I will cruise at 60mph to allow stragglers time to catch up (& improve mpg!). I won’t be accelerating off hard & I’m in no rush. The idea is a leisure cruise in.

This should get us there for about 9:15am & keep us grouped together on entry.

If the others coming from the south want to join us on route via the M42/M40 please do so or if you can think of a local car park we can all gather together in before heading to Crofton Park?