Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th October 2018, 18:47   #1
daveb57
Loves to post

Mercedes Benz E 350 Coupe Peugeot 407 SW 1.9 HDI

Default Rear subframe replacement.

Hi all,

After debating for quite a while as to if I should let the ZT go after a very lengthy ownership, I have decided to keep her a get her back to where she should be. Simply just not able to part with her.

Outwardly, body work wise, no issues, 16 years on and no rust visible anywhere, it is underneath where the problems lie.

Had a long list of advisories last year, and got most sorted, enough to get a years test and able to use the car as my every day driver.

Have searched the forum, I may have missed it, somewhere, but was there a thread a while back about a bulk buy of rear subframes somewhere?, if so, I would like to purchase one. Need a thermostat housing kit, rear discs, pads and backplates, will get those from DMGRS.

If anybody can point me in the right direction for the subframe, or know of anywhere I can obtain one, I would be obliged.

Regards,

Dave.
daveb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 18:57   #2
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MGZT-Rear...sAAOSw3BNa8zuT

Old 8th October 2018, 19:02   #3
daveb57
Loves to post

Mercedes Benz E 350 Coupe Peugeot 407 SW 1.9 HDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
Thanks mate, appreciate that. As stated in the ad, it appears to be solid, good clean up and a coat of whatever should see it ok.

Would like a new one if possible, but if none forthcoming will follow this up.

Regards,

Dave.
daveb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 20:49   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb57 View Post
Hi all,

After debating for quite a while as to if I should let the ZT go after a very lengthy ownership, I have decided to keep her a get her back to where she should be. Simply just not able to part with her.

Outwardly, body work wise, no issues, 16 years on and no rust visible anywhere, it is underneath where the problems lie.

Had a long list of advisories last year, and got most sorted, enough to get a years test and able to use the car as my every day driver.

Have searched the forum, I may have missed it, somewhere, but was there a thread a while back about a bulk buy of rear subframes somewhere?, if so, I would like to purchase one. Need a thermostat housing kit, rear discs, pads and backplates, will get those from DMGRS.

If anybody can point me in the right direction for the subframe, or know of anywhere I can obtain one, I would be obliged.

Regards,

Dave.
I dont believe there was a bulk buy as such (although I believe X-Part obtained a fair few to the point that there were none left for a time).

My experience in getting one just over a year ago was extremely pleasant, with Leo being extremely helpful and patient. It arrived in 8 days, but along with the other items I purchased, there was an import duty bill from TNT a month after it arrived. So factor that into your costs.

It is a 75 one (rubber bushes) but the differences are minimal to the point of being not worth concerning over. But it allowed me to build it up with new arms etc torque it correctly and then raise it up whole. The old subframe is now blasted and painted in my loft for future use.

LINK

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 8th October 2018 at 20:52..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote