Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th February 2016, 16:07   #4731
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Conked out several times in my nice reliable diesel ZT

Brian
You conked out because you keep slagging the old girl off, telling her the 400 is better. Serves you right. lol😀😍😘
Old 28th February 2016, 17:19   #4732
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Well due to frustration I decided to calm myself down from trying to get to the root of my starting problem and do something else on the Beast so I fitted a new glovebox, changed out some courtesy light LEDs and made a start on installing my tablet off Jubbs. Here's a quick photo of the tablet in situ, not totally finished yet as I need to route the DAB aerial and USB extension. Please also accept my apologies for the photo as it was starting to get dark and I know my drivers side is a bit messy but as soon as I have finished tinkering it will be back to normal...

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016, 17:31   #4733
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
Well due to frustration I decided to calm myself down from trying to get to the root of my starting problem and do something else on the Beast so I fitted a new glovebox, changed out some courtesy light LEDs and made a start on installing my tablet off Jubbs. Here's a quick photo of the tablet in situ, not totally finished yet as I need to route the DAB aerial and USB extension. Please also accept my apologies for the photo as it was starting to get dark and I know my drivers side is a bit messy but as soon as I have finished tinkering it will be back to normal...

Oh my God Lee, that drivers side is absolutely disgusting You should be beaten and have your new tablet confiscated and fitted into my car
Old 28th February 2016, 17:36   #4734
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
Oh my God Lee, that drivers side is absolutely disgusting You should be beaten and have your new tablet confiscated and fitted into my car
Haha you're so funny mate.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
Old 28th February 2016, 17:36   #4735
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Looks superb, how easy are they to fit..........I cant decide on what upgrade to fit, Tablet, Navall or a double din Pioneer AVH 8700 .....edging towards the Pioneer but the Tablets looks sweet.
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016, 17:45   #4736
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
Looks superb, how easy are they to fit..........I cant decide on what upgrade to fit, Tablet, Navall or a double din Pioneer AVH 8700 .....edging towards the Pioneer but the Tablets looks sweet.
To be honest I haven't quite finished the install as I still need to run a few wires behind the dash (DAB aerial for the windscreen) and into the cubby (USB extension for hard drive which will store videos and music etc) but fitting the tablet with power to the loom is a doddle. I have kept my original head unit to use as an amp and it's wedged in behind the tablet so it can be a bit fiddly doing it this way due to lack of space. The head unit (if kept can be placed below though but if not kept then a mini amp can be purchased with the tablet).

Jubbs is having DAB issues at the moment so he has suspended tablet sales for the time being until he is satisfied with the DAB aerials.

Lee.

Old 28th February 2016, 17:50   #4737
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
I'm having the same dilemma, which one to talk the wife into buying
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
To be honest I haven't quite finished the install as I still need to run a few wires behind the dash (DAB aerial for the windscreen) and into the cubby (USB extension for hard drive which will store videos and music etc) but fitting the tablet with power to the loom is a doddle. I have kept my original head unit to use as an amp and it's wedged in behind the tablet so it can be a bit fiddly doing it this way due to lack of space. The head unit (if kept can be placed below though but if not kept then a mini amp can be purchased with the tablet).

Jubbs is having DAB issues at the moment so he has suspended tablet sales for the time being until he is satisfied with the DAB aerials.
I've got hi line in my car so whatever I buy is going to need extra bits to fit it I think. Pita thing has awful radio reception now so I don't even want to think what the DAB signal would be like
Old 28th February 2016, 17:58   #4738
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

The Pioneer is £499 in Halfords ...fitted with steering wheel controls and housing etc be around £600 but I've seen the unit for £435 online and I believe Halfords Price match so a bit saved there if they do.
I guess the tablet would be a cheaper option but I'm liking the Pioneers features as Android.
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016, 17:59   #4739
timtheenchanteruk
Regular poster

MG ZT

Not strictly to or with, but for my ZT.
Pulled a load of bits i thought might be useful in the future off a scrapper.
So, I have a few bits now in stock in the shed, including the recently failed drivers window regulator.
Now need to prep and get sprayed the front bumper to replace the cracked one
timtheenchanteruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016, 18:10   #4740
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
The Pioneer is £499 in Halfords ...fitted with steering wheel controls and housing etc be around £600 but I've seen the unit for £435 online and I believe Halfords Price match so a bit saved there if they do.
I guess the tablet would be a cheaper option but I'm liking the Pioneers features as Android.
I'm not sure what the Pioneer looks like but one of the main reasons I opted for the tablet is because it sits flush with no knobs or buttons sticking out....and the price of course lol

Lee.