Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th September 2021, 08:10   #9
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Is a Tesla or any modern car better in every way? I don't hear owners of these modern cars saying how much pleasure they get from driving their car.
They just tell me about the mod cons it has. I want to feel good when I drive and when I drive my saloon, I do.

macafee2

Here you go.

I get as much pleasure from driving the Twintop and the Omega as I do the 75. The Omega will be 23 years old at the end of this month and is far better built than the 75. You get no trim rattles, nothing breaks, quality parts by the likes of Lemforder are still available. It is very comfortable and a real pleasure to drive.

The XF-S is streets ahead of them all. As are cars like the Mercedes CLS, BMW 5 series etc.

If you wish to hear other owners offering similar views, head over to the Jaguar or XF forums!

I absolutely love my 75's and always will. But, we need to be realistic. As member coab says above - the reason the 75 gets attention is that it is different from other cars of the time in its design and the older generation have an emotional attachment to them for being the last of the Rovers.

I think the problem is that too many people are distracted by all the gadgets in modern cars and as a result they fail to see beyond the gadgets - there are some excellent modern driver's cars available. One just needs to have an open mind.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote