Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th August 2021, 23:00   #11
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
I've learned recently that premium brand cars are very expensive to repair and my project ZT is proving far less expensive to get up to standard.
I'll stick with the ZT.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Too right. 2 examples of expensive cars to repair that were in the bodyshop this week.
Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio that came in for a new rear bumper, the first bumper came incorrect as it was for a standard Giulia and cost £1600, it was sent back and 3 weeks later the correct Quadrifoglio bumper arrived costing £4100 that's just for the bare bumper shell and the 2nd was an Infiniti Q70 that came in for a new passenger door mirror at a cost of ..... £2.5k! Just for the mirror that's without painting and fitting. Some of the prices of car parts are absolutely hideous.
Old 30th August 2021, 09:48   #12
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
Too right. 2 examples of expensive cars to repair that were in the bodyshop this week.
Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio that came in for a new rear bumper, the first bumper came incorrect as it was for a standard Giulia and cost £1600, it was sent back and 3 weeks later the correct Quadrifoglio bumper arrived costing £4100 that's just for the bare bumper shell and the 2nd was an Infiniti Q70 that came in for a new passenger door mirror at a cost of ..... £2.5k! Just for the mirror that's without painting and fitting. Some of the prices of car parts are absolutely hideous.
Jeez - its robbery - robot tooled mass produced parts and they dare charge money like that - folk must be bonkers to pay.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2021, 19:22   #13
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

I had the S type V6 2.7 diesel. I drove it with a smile on my face..... when it was running properly. The engine was much smoother and more refined than the 75 and I liked the J shift. Performance was so much better than the 75 2.0 diesel although the fuel economy was not as good On the other hand, the interior was rather bland and didn't really stand out like my Rovers. The biggest difference however, is the poor design and build quality of the S Type, a great concept ruined by details. The mud trap sills, seemingly built in rot on the rear sub frames, continual problems with sensors and resultant limp mode. On balance, having gone back to my 75, I will not even contemplate another Jag. As my dad used to say, "slow and steady wins the race".
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2021, 16:29   #14
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
Jeez - its robbery - robot tooled mass produced parts and they dare charge money like that - folk must be bonkers to pay.
So explains the exorbitant cost of insurance and adds to the long trail of associated beneficiaries of falling fruit from the Car Repair Tree. Every new car should come with estimated current costs for minor bumps and scrapes, so the level of current 'write off' values is made public. These values are fictitious built-in charges, way beyond their true values.
Old 13th September 2021, 14:25   #15
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
So explains the exorbitant cost of insurance and adds to the long trail of associated beneficiaries of falling fruit from the Car Repair Tree. Every new car should come with estimated current costs for minor bumps and scrapes, so the level of current 'write off' values is made public. These values are fictitious built-in charges, way beyond their true values.
One of the motoring rags used to (maybe still do) have a column box within the road test of a vehicle which they listed the cost of some of the the probably needed parts (master cylinder ect., ect.).

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote