Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th May 2016, 08:00   #21
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

Thats a lovely marina Brian, My dad had a dark purpley one when I was growing up. Would love one myself
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 08:35   #22
KeithA
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conny Tourer Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas 75 connie View Post
Thats a lovely marina Brian, My dad had a dark purpley one when I was growing up. Would love one myself
Mine too, a 1.8. 'Black Tulip' was the colour name, which seemed odd for a purple.
Old 5th May 2016, 08:50   #23
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

My father had a Marina estate as a company car. First time we lifted the rubber mat in the back we found a great selection of "spare" self tappers, bolts, washers, nuts.....

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 13:57   #24
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
......and then there were four I now have a new toy to add to the Lagoon collection

THAT REALLY IS IT NOW

Do you have any plans for you new toy yet Paul, like re-instating Hi-line? I guess it's early days, but it would be great to see the car at the next National.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 14:22   #25
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

What an amazing collection. My only hope is that the ZTT in Sunspot comes up For Sale. And I wonder what happened to the Only 75 in Sunspot?

Well done Paul.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 14:51   #26
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Do you have any plans for you new toy yet Paul, like re-instating Hi-line? I guess it's early days, but it would be great to see the car at the next National.

Cliff
Well I'm on the train to Crewe in the morning to collect the car and drive it back. J1MBO very kindly went and viewed the car for me prior to my placing a bid. His report was very positive and he took plenty of pictures for me. Added to that the fact that being an ex V8 owner himself, he knew what to look for which was great.

As for things to do, although it's an SE, it doesn't have the SE pack of rear sun blind, drivers memory seat or power folds, so providing the wiring is in place I'd be looking to add those bits.

The only other thing I'd like the car to have is cruise control but it again depends on whether the wiring is already there

I've got a drivers grab handle, illuminated sun visors and new MG badges already to fit to the car, and have bought a set of Apex alloys off eBay to restore the car to original spec.

It currently has a brand new set of Team Dynamics black alloys with new toyo premium Tyres, so they will be coming off and going up for sale.

As for the highline, I do love the OEM system and it works well for me in all my cars, so I'll see how I get on with the double din and depending, may remove it and sell it too to recoup some expenditure.

Last edited by Reebs; 8th May 2016 at 06:51.. Reason: .
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 14:56   #27
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Well done Paul

I bought a lot of the Cruise bits for #317 which never got installed. You might be lucky and have the loom fitted, but there is some wiring for the auto box (although a manual car) fitted but not used which looks very similar
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 15:08   #28
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

...............and get a Supercharger fitted. Must be the ultimate extra.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 15:28   #29
Nev The Bear
This is my second home

Does not matter

Thanked 1,575 Times in 987 Posts

Well done on the purchase Paul and enjoy the drive back.
Nev The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 19:07   #30
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Well I'm on the train to Crewe in the morning to collect the car and drive it back. J1MBO very kindly went and viewed the car for me prior to my placing a bid. His report was very positive and he took plenty of pictures for me. Added to that the fact that being an ex V8 owner himself, he knew what to look for which was great.

As for things to do, although it's an SE, it doesn't have the SE pack of rear sun blind, drivers memory seat or power folds, so providing the wiring is in place I'd be looking to add those bits.

The only other thing I'd like the car to have is cruise control but it again depends on whether the wiring is already there

I've got a drivers grab handle, illuminated sun visors and new MG badges already to fit to the car, and have bought a set of Apex alloys off eBay to restore the car to original spec.

It currently has a brand new set of Team Dynamics black alloys with new toyo premium Tyres, so they will be coming off and going up for sale.

As for the highline, I do love the OEM system and it works well for me in all my cars, so I'll see how I get on with the double din and depending, may remove it and sell it too to recoup some expenditure.
I was rather hoping you were going to change the wheels. The black alloys look okay, but OEM wheels will be much nicer. It'll be interesting to hear how you get on with the double din and how you find it in comparison to the original hi-line. I'm a fan of Radioguys units (dont know if this is one of his though), but with a car like this, even I would be tempted to go back to OEM.

It's in safe hands, and I can't wait to see it. Well done on adding it to your collection.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is online now   Reply With Quote