Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th February 2014, 19:23   #41
MustBeGettingOld
Avid contributor

Oldie but goodie

Looking at those pics does make me wonder exactly what it WOULD take for the airbag to go off, and what use it might be in those circumstances.
MustBeGettingOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 22:13   #42
Janny
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Sad to see the photo's of your car but good to read you aren't badly injured that's the main thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustBeGettingOld View Post
Looking at those pics does make me wonder exactly what it WOULD take for the airbag to go off, and what use it might be in those circumstances.
I wondred that too
Old 15th February 2014, 13:34   #43
wmj
Regular poster

MG ZT diesel auto

As promised, some pics of the car after the accident. Panel damage, the strut pushed back and the bent lower arm.

In the end I had to replace a headlight, strut, lower arm, drive shaft, track rod end, wheel arch liner, new tyre, repair the under tray and replace the wing and bumper. I also refurbed the wheels myself while car was off the road. All of the parts were in bought in used condition from ebay apart from lower arm, strut, tyre and track rod end which were bought new. I had replaced both struts less than 6 months before so felt it would be ok to only replace the damaged one rather than the pair. As I said in previous post at a total of less than £800 back on the road.

The accident repair centre that originally quoted £3100 to repair tried to talk me out of taking the car back and were encouraging me to let the insurance write it off. I can only assume it was because they thought like me, that someone could repair the car a lot more cheaply than they were quoting.

The biggest lesson for me was I could get an insurance write off back from the insurance company with out them recording the car as any category write off. Also you can get a cash settlement not far off valuation to allow you to repair yourself.

wmj is offline   Reply With Quote