Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th September 2016, 18:13   #11
MevagisseyMedic
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Club Tourer 2002 Auto

MWman as already stated, a very good wright up

but looking at the subframe of the doner car, i am not going to proceed any further stripping it down, too much rust on it. I will buy a new one and get garage to fit it.

So, time to strip the connie down and take out the cream leather seats
MevagisseyMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2019, 00:44   #12
Paul BY

Rover 75 tourer

Default rear upper arm removal.

What a brilliant write up, fantastic. Have my 75 for nearly 10 and had never had anything like it before, in terms of build quality. A collision with a badger has necessitated me looking underneath it, so after replacing all the kit the badger smashed, fan condenser radiator intercooler etc I have looked at other stuff under there and needless to say see the front arms needed re bushing but it was with horror when I inspected the rear suspension, my car has no body rust so what on earth did they make the suspensions arms from, I had to laugh when I saw someone suggested old 1100 subframes. Fortunately I have 3 other vehicles so can work slowly. My vehicles is a 130 CDTI Tourer of 2004 vintage but it seems this job is the same on the whole range. I am a bit tempted to measure what I need in terms of the short extension, how sure are we the 3 inch one will work.
Looks like a job lying on your back with a pillow under there and going back and forward very slowly. Looks like days and days lying on the floor ahead though. I will update on my progress. Good forum folks well done, I also run a Mk Fabia VRS which seems to have a good following too but to be fair this is the first work I have done on the Rover for years and suppose it was over due.
Paul BY is offline   Reply With Quote