Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2015, 08:26   #1
Pistonbroke666
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 1.8T, MG GS Exclusive

Default What do I need to make my seats electric...

Hi guys,

I have a set of mint full leathers in my car that I'd love to make electric.

Fortunately, I have the wiring under my seat so I'm covered on that front. It'll just be the buttons on the dash that I'm missing... at least that's what I think unless there's something else I need?

What I'd like to know is what do I need to get the job done - do I need to find another set of full leathers to harvest or can I use bits from a Rover 75 set etc.

Currently, my thoughts were to buy a set of electric front seats and just switch the foam and covers from my mint set on to them.

Cheers

James
Old 4th June 2015, 08:37   #2
Jordan Apex
This is my second home

Jaguar XFR 2011MY

You can transfer onto rover 75 bases, however there is a bar on the zt base somewhere that the 75 doesn't have. It is easy to add it on, I believe trikey was the one that told me about this bar, maybe it was marinabrian? They were both commenting on the thread and showed a picture of said bar but I cannot remember what the thread was for!
Jordan Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 10:24   #3
RodgerD
Rodger & Out

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistonbroke666 View Post
Hi guys,

I have a set of mint full leathers in my car that I'd love to make electric.

Fortunately, I have the wiring under my seat so I'm covered on that front. It'll just be the buttons on the dash that I'm missing... at least that's what I think unless there's something else I need?

What I'd like to know is what do I need to get the job done - do I need to find another set of full leathers to harvest or can I use bits from a Rover 75 set etc.

Currently, my thoughts were to buy a set of electric front seats and just switch the foam and covers from my mint set on to them.

Cheers

James
The foam pads in your seats won't have the heating elements, so the wiring to the elements will need taping up.

Last edited by RodgerD; 4th June 2015 at 10:26..
RodgerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 10:50   #4
Pistonbroke666
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 1.8T, MG GS Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Apex View Post
You can transfer onto rover 75 bases, however there is a bar on the zt base somewhere that the 75 doesn't have. It is easy to add it on, I believe trikey was the one that told me about this bar, maybe it was marinabrian? They were both commenting on the thread and showed a picture of said bar but I cannot remember what the thread was for!
Cheers buddy, think I'll need to get me some piccies to get my head round it, especially that bar. Quite odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerD View Post
The foam pads in your seats won't have the heating elements, so the wiring to the elements will need taping up.
To make it easy then I should really look out for a good set with knackered leather.

Must be a how to around here somewhere...