Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2015, 08:35   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Air loss from compressor

I have a small compressor and ran fixed pipe around the garage with a few outlets. I thought when I put the pipes and outlets in, that I had done fair job, but once up to pressure, it would loose most of it over 24 hours, so every time I needed it I would be faced with a delay as it got it back up to pressure. To avoid that, when not in use I would unplug the pipework.

Yesterday I went around the garage with a leak spray. All three outlets were leaking on the threads, supposedly sealed with PTFE tape. All are now resealed and pressure is being held, so I can leave the pipes under pressure and ready to use.

On the compressor I have a 'one shot' - a plug and socket in line. Cycle the power to the socket and it allows power through to the compressor then, for 15minutes. It prevents the compressor running constantly if pressure is being constantly lost.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 09:02   #2
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Come and fix mine Harry and install some 1/2" bore pipework as well, i have a 150 litre tank which loses pressure after 2 days but fortunately does take too long to fill.
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 09:31   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Tin of leak spray, or just a dish of soapy water and a brush.

If its loosing pressure from the compressor itself, the usual suspect is the safety valve.

Mine is only a little 30L one.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 4th June 2015 at 09:39..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote