Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th September 2010, 18:43   #11
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
was made redundent 2 weeks ago, £2,500 hand shake, signed on the dole admitted to having over £16,000 in the bank so i am intitled to £65,40p plus my royal navy pension of £51 a week which i don't get the first payment in arrears till next month as i have only just turned 60, have looked everywhere for a job, no one wants to know at my age, [fully skilled engineering manual machinist] anyhow a part time job came up, locally, 15 hours a week as a maintainence man in a old folks home,minimuim hourly rate, better than sitting on my harris, asked the job centre how i stood at earning roughly £90, was told i would lose my £65,40p, i asked why, its because i will be getting a navy pension, so all in all taking the job would net me £140 before stamps, come march next year i will be entitled to nothing, yet its in the local paper today if my wife fosters an immigrents child we will be given up to £400 a week
Know where you're coming from, and it sucks.

I got sacked in 2007, for IT abuse! Phoned DWP & spent an age completing a telephone questionaire, then off to the Job Centre with it a few days later, only to be told because I have planned for my future & have savings, a war pension & RAF pension & no mortgage or rent, I was entitled to absolutely nothing. I let rip at the poor bloke in the Job Centre; I've paid taxes & NI continiously since leaving school in 1977, never claimed anything or used the NHS or any other organisation. I was furious- not with him, but the 'System'. I did apologise to him though, not his fault.

Fortunately I found other employment within a month & I've not looked back since.

Don't get too down Corwen...
Old 15th September 2010, 19:28   #12
brownie21
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
Know where you're coming from, and it sucks.

I got sacked in 2007, for IT abuse! Phoned DWP & spent an age completing a telephone questionaire, then off to the Job Centre with it a few days later, only to be told because I have planned for my future & have savings, a war pension & RAF pension & no mortgage or rent, I was entitled to absolutely nothing. I let rip at the poor bloke in the Job Centre; I've paid taxes & NI continiously since leaving school in 1977, never claimed anything or used the NHS or any other organisation. I was furious- not with him, but the 'System'. I did apologise to him though, not his fault.

Fortunately I found other employment within a month & I've not looked back since.

Don't get too down Corwen...

You have 2 pensions, savings and no debt which shows you have worked hard and invested wisely, therefore are considered 'well off' and self sustainable up to a point. The welfare system has to judge each individual case on these factors do they not? I know it stinks but it is tax payers money and I suppose it has to only go where it is really needed (I know it doesn't in a lot of cases)

Old 15th September 2010, 19:36   #13
baconbuttyman
Banned

oh stop your moaning, could be worse, you could be some poor fool who has come to our shores with the impression the streets are paved with gold and that theres free health care and a promis of jumping the housing queue, so think on when moaning about the state. :getme coat:

but on a serious note, absolutely disgusting how british nationals are treated in our own country
Old 15th September 2010, 19:54   #14
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

some of the content on this thread is know becoming a bit close to the mark.any racial topics are not discussed on this forum.please keep the thread on topic 'redundent'

Last edited by pab; 15th September 2010 at 19:59..
Old 15th September 2010, 21:05   #15
brownie21
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
some of the content on this thread is know becoming a bit close to the mark.any racial topics are not discussed on this forum.please keep the thread on topic 'redundent'

I haven't seen any racial/ radical posts in this thread - or have they been deleted already?

Old 15th September 2010, 21:43   #16
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

It's inevitable that immigration will be mentioned in the replies as the OP himself makes reference to the benefits available to those who have settled in this country without ever contributing a penny. Whereas he who has paid his dues all his working life and now needs a little help himself seems to have little or no entitlement.Work that one out

I'll bet the rest of the world cant!

Old 16th September 2010, 07:15   #17
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

I am begining to realise that the more you do for your country, the less you get. To have paid your dues through life and then to see what you are entitled to is sickening!
Old 16th September 2010, 08:49   #18
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebyrd View Post
I am begining to realise that the more you do for your country, the less you get. To have paid your dues through life and then to see what you are entitled to is sickening!
thats a point of view that can be likened to lots of situation, i worked for a bacon factory and i did my job well, i found the worse you treated the company the better thought of you were . i toed the line and when i had a gripe i was labelled a trouble maker, yet the lads who skived off for fag breaks and came in late etc, turned out tey were on higher wages for doing the same job, hence i now work for my self and always will.

like the uk, pay your dues and struggle to live or live on the state and get every thing paid for
Old 16th September 2010, 14:08   #19
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts
Exclamation Warning

Concerns have been raised via PM from several members about the direction in which this thread is heading. While I sympothise completely with the OP's situation, any references made to the activity of foreign nationals with regard to benifits they may be due, is not the primary theme of this thread, and any negative discussion of such minorities is in direct contravention of club rules.

I quote from the Clubs F.A.Q section:

1. You should remain courteous and respectful to other users of the forums at all times. You may obviously not agree with some views but do not let it descend into arguments or abuse, either publicly or via the Private Messaging (PM) facility. If you consider a post to be offensive then you should report it, not take matters into your own hands.

4. You may not publish or provide links to content that is unlawful, abusive, or a nature deemed to be adult, racist, or derogatory to minorities or gender.

While the responses to date have sailed a little close to the wind on occasions, the thread has been allowed to continue, however if this situation should degenerate, then action will be taken. Following on from Parker & pab's 'gentle' warnings, consider what you write with care, as we are a many and varied community here, and should all strive to co-exist in both the virtual and real worlds.
Old 16th September 2010, 14:16   #20
kully
Loves to post

75 MkI 1.8T Saloon

Sorry about the redundancy, it can be quite a shock when you have skills that no-one wants to make use of.

Shame it's brought out such bitterness in you, mind.
Closed Thread