Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st July 2019, 18:15   #11
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Microfiche worked well for parts catalogs but not some other documents.
Some years ago many archives were microfiching their documents then disposing of the originals. Now that exact duplicate digital scanning is routine I'll bet they are facepalming themselves and wishing they still had those originals!
Old 21st July 2019, 18:45   #12
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
Microfiche worked well for parts catalogs but not some other documents.
Some years ago many archives were microfiching their documents then disposing of the originals. Now that exact duplicate digital scanning is routine I'll bet they are facepalming themselves and wishing they still had those originals!
We archived many documents onto microfilm, but originals can still be requested, especially when the microfilm becomes damaged or marked. A lot of originals are being digitally copied and archived. But the digital archive is a problem too, as in 20 or 30 years will the formats still be usable lol.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 05:10   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolin View Post
I have a set of parts microfiche for the 75/ZT from Jan 2002 - somewhere....
can they be turned into pictures that could be uploaded or put onto a CD?
There may be interest in that

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 08:00   #14
MGMalc
Avid contributor

MG ZT190+, MG ZT160(V6)Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Rimmers web site no longer shows parts and part numbers for out of stock items, real pain in the back side. Anyone know why?

Is there another site that shows a comprehensive parts diagram such as the ones on Rimmers web site shows but includes parts not in stock or is just part numbers and pictures?

macafee2
This site https://allbrit.de/NAV.cfm?SPRACHE=EN&PAGE=317180 may be worth a look.

Although after a second look, the part numbers are different to Rimmers!

Malc

Last edited by MGMalc; 22nd July 2019 at 08:04..
MGMalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 08:27   #15
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Rimmers web site no longer shows parts and part numbers for out of stock items, real pain in the back side. Anyone know why?

Is there another site that shows a comprehensive parts diagram such as the ones on Rimmers web site shows but includes parts not in stock or is just part numbers and pictures?

macafee2

Perhaps this is a way of Rimmers managing their service costs so that more of the people who regularly whinge about their postage charges and buy elsewhere have less reason to buy elsewhere?

Not pointing in any particular direction....
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 17:43   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I have been given this link from another forum . The site allows you to translate into English. http://www.allbrit.de/ select Rover 75
Takes some navigating but never the less has diagrams and part numbers

macafee2

opps same link as MGMalc provided. I now recall going to that site but as it was in German and not loading I gave up, sorry MGMalc

Last edited by macafee2; 19th August 2019 at 20:24..
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 18:30   #17
Goldrover
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

You can get a microfiche reader/printer that will print you a paper copy, but they are costly and it's better to go for one that uses plain paper rather than coated paper due to costs.

The paper copy could then be scanned into a computer and downloaded to a CD, usb etc.

There are also hand held viewers that you use to magnify the image to read correctly
that fit into toolbox,door pocket etc.

regards Dave
Goldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 19:19   #18
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Gentlemen, there is no need to mess about with fishes of any kind. Matt, the man who is DMGRS and the parts supplier of choice for many on the forum, stated in another parallel thread a couple of weeks ago that Rimmers use the X-part database as the source of the information and (with him being an x-part distributor also) he would sort it for the membership to have access to the full information (via DMGRS).

Given this commitment, it would be unreasonable to say or do anything that may impart an indication, however weak, that any of the membership are in some way doubtful of the sincerity of his commitment.

We should await the outcome of this commitment so that we may uphold Matt and DMGRS in even greater esteem henceforth.

Old 19th August 2019, 19:28   #19
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post

Gentlemen, there is no need to mess about with fishes of any kind. Matt, the man who is DMGRS and the parts supplier of choice for many on the forum, stated in another parallel thread a couple of weeks ago that Rimmers use the X-part database as the source of the information and (with him being an x-part distributor also) he would sort it for the membership to have access to the full information (via DMGRS).

Given this commitment, it would be unreasonable to say or do anything that may impart an indication, however weak, that any of the membership are in some way doubtful of the sincerity of his commitment.

We should await the outcome of this commitment so that we may uphold Matt and DMGRS in even greater esteem henceforth.

Scott Biddlecombe now runs DMGRS, I believe Matt is still there as an advisory but it belongs to Scott now
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 19:31   #20
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Scott Biddlecombe now runs DMGRS, I believe Matt is still there as an advisory but it belongs to Scott now

I know, but when he made the statement he was speaking for DMGRS. In any case, in our hearts, Matt is DMGRS and always will be!