Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th July 2021, 22:18   #1
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default U.S. Vaccine Bribe To Create Problem

In my opinion, and realizing that this thread will be eventually closed due to strong opinions
of fellow members, not necessarily related to the thread.................the American Government is to offer a $100 bribe to persuade objectors to get vaccinated. My goodness, what a way to wind up those who have already accepted vaccination.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 06:25   #2
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
In my opinion, and realizing that this thread will be eventually closed due to strong opinions
of fellow members, not necessarily related to the thread.................the American Government is to offer a $100 bribe to persuade objectors to get vaccinated. My goodness, what a way to wind up those who have already accepted vaccination.
Hmmmm.... well many governments seem to be doing coercion and bribery. HM Government is proposing disallowing people to go to events, fly and such. Personally, I'd prefer a bribe than force.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 07:30   #3
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default A problem.

The whole vaccine thing is starting to trample on the rights of many, if you don't want it, that's your right but it's starting to look more like force will be used to give it. The way I see it is that the virus will run its course like the other similar ones did, it will fade but it will leave many invalided with wrecked lungs, these people will need supporting for the rest of their lives and that's what Governments are afraid of. The knock on the door is coming for those who won't have it and screw your rights.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 07:41   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
No idea why you think this thread may get closed, you have not said anything controversial.
Not sure those that have already been vaccinated will be that wound up by not getting a hundred dollars but more wound up that people will only get vaccinated if they get a hundred dollars.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 07:45   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
The whole vaccine thing is starting to trample on the rights of many, if you don't want it, that's your right but it's starting to look more like force will be used to give it. The way I see it is that the virus will run its course like the other similar ones did, it will fade but it will leave many invalided with wrecked lungs, these people will need supporting for the rest of their lives and that's what Governments are afraid of. The knock on the door is coming for those who won't have it and screw your rights.
you are right we should have the right to choose what goes into our bodies.

If one decides not to be vaccinated and there is no medical reason for them not to be, should they be entitled to free treatment if they then catch covid?
That question is a can of worms and can be applied to so many injuries but lets stick with covid.

macafee2
Old 30th July 2021, 10:11   #6
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
you are right we should have the right to choose what goes into our bodies.

If one decides not to be vaccinated and there is no medical reason for them not to be, should they be entitled to free treatment if they then catch covid?
That question is a can of worms and can be applied to so many injuries but lets stick with covid.

macafee2
Nobody that lives under the system we have shouldn't be denied treatment for anything, there are many illnesses that can kill such as TB, that vaccine isn't given now like It was when I was younger. If I didn't get that vaccine and fell ill with TB, should I be turned away? I'm not afraid of Covid now because I had it, I'm afraid of the long term damage it's done to me and no vaccine will undo that. The thing that bothers me is that my natural antibody status is not being recognised by any government, that's not right and discriminates. In every 100 people who have the vaccine, there's a percentage of them that it won't work, those people will still get a vaccine passport and will be no better protected than anyone who didn't get the vaccine, that's an issue that isn't being taken on board either. If my natural protection isn't being seen as valid I want to know why, all of the bribes and inducements being offered is starting to make me think there's much more to this. I simply don't need the vaccine and my rights to live as a free person are being eroded by every government, why is that? What are we not being told?
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 11:40   #7
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Think they are recognising antibody status if you have had a positive PCR. I have had both jabs and the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- thing. My worry is if I want to watch football I need to prove it. Hence I have been forced to download NHS app. If you click on Covid pass status, it has both jabs logged and my positive PCR with a barcode that a guess can be used as a pass. So in a way they are taking people who have had it into account.

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 13:08   #8
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

It will work and good luck to all those involved- If I was a cynic I would add $100 will buy a handy amount of cocaine or event more weed so whats not to like as our "cousins" like to say. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2021, 08:06   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
Nobody that lives under the system we have shouldn't be denied treatment for anything, there are many illnesses that can kill such as TB, that vaccine isn't given now like It was when I was younger. If I didn't get that vaccine and fell ill with TB, should I be turned away? I'm not afraid of Covid now because I had it, I'm afraid of the long term damage it's done to me and no vaccine will undo that. The thing that bothers me is that my natural antibody status is not being recognised by any government, that's not right and discriminates. In every 100 people who have the vaccine, there's a percentage of them that it won't work, those people will still get a vaccine passport and will be no better protected than anyone who didn't get the vaccine, that's an issue that isn't being taken on board either. If my natural protection isn't being seen as valid I want to know why, all of the bribes and inducements being offered is starting to make me think there's much more to this. I simply don't need the vaccine and my rights to live as a free person are being eroded by every government, why is that? What are we not being told?

How do you know you do not need the vaccine?
I think you misunderstood me. If by choice a person decides not to be vaccinated should they still get free treatment for that infection? If they are not offered the vaccine then they have not been given the chance to refuse it.
Under the system we have people will be treated no matter if vaccinated or not, refused the vaccine or not. people have the right to choose what goes into their bodies but should the "NHS" then have to take care of them "for free" if they refuse a treatment that could have kept them out of hospital? I sit on the fence.

macafee2
Old 31st July 2021, 10:29   #10
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I was always taught that with "rights" comes responsibility and I have never found this particularly onerous. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote